epilogue.

November 6th, 2006

1:23 pm

     "I think it looks good," El said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

     They were looking down at the hallway they decked out in cheesy balloons and streamers. It was in no means great, but El made a pretty cool ice sculpture and Ben's friends painted a banner that looked pretty cool.

     "I think Newt will like it." Thomas nodded as he straightened out his red button down shirt. One of the kids dug it up for him, he even managed to get his hands on a pair of black jeans at the mall. He just hoped no one noticed the gaping hole in his converse sneakers, but El slicked his hair back and he felt pretty good.

     El had on a white skirt with a pink shirt that had some sort of lace on it. She had her curly hair clipped back from her face, she looked nice.

     "This was a good idea." El smiled up at him.

     "What? The balloons?"

     El laughed. "No stupid, you marrying Newt. It's sweet."

     Thomas felt his cheeks heat up. "We work."

     El nodded as she pulled something out of her pocket. "When Newt first told us he was gay, we robbed a store to get him condoms because we thought that was the right thing to do." Thomas watched her out of pure curiosity as she pulled a small box from the pocket in her skirt.

     El smiled as she handed it to him. "So when you told me and Kis you guys were getting married, we went back to that same store but stole something else instead."

     Thomas' expression softened as he opened the small box.

     "They're not that fancy but..." El shrugged lightly, "every wedding deserves rings."

     She was wrong, they were perfect. They were silver bands, plain, but Thomas loved them. He put the box in his pocket and pulled El into a tight hug.

    "I love you," he said as he held the girl tightly. "Thank you."

     El patted him on the back before pulling away. "Hey don't mention it. Think of it as me repaying you."

     "For what?"

     "If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have a girlfriend." El smiled softly. "And maybe one day I'll get to marry her too."

     "And I get to be the maid of honour?" Thomas asked which made El laugh.

     "Of course." El grabbed his arm. "Come on we got more stuff to do, we're wasting time."

     Thomas followed her down the hallway, feeling his heart beat out of his chest.

     In less than a day he'd be married to the love of his life.

1:45 pm

     "This is stupid," Newt said as he buttoned the last button on his black shirt. "I look like the grim reaper."

     Kis shrugged. "I like it."

     "Of course you like it, I'm wearing all black!"

     "It's a good color," Kis said as she jammed a handful of cheez-its into her mouth. It was impressive how many of those she could eat.

     "But I'm not you."

     Kis rolled her eyes. "All black is sexy, it'll get Thomas' dick hard."