back.

January 4th 2003

"Sorry, explain this to me one more time," Thomas said as he laid on the little medical bed. He had on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie with his dark green jacket over it. Inside Thomas' insides were doing backflips. There was a possibility he was going to get to see Newt again. If he washed and brushed his hair before this in a feeble attempt to make himself look good, well that was his business.

"So we're sending you back in time, well not your actual body, but a copy of you."

"How are we copying me?"

"El is going to freeze the version of you here and you're going to create another version of yourself, like you've done before. I'm going to oversee that you control him instead of frozen Thomas and we're going to send the copy back in time."

Thomas wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans, they were his nice jeans, the ones Newt said made his ass look "amazing".

"I-I still don't know what I'm supposed to do when I go back."

X smiled down softly at him. "You need to prevent Newt from killing your father in the invasion."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

El's face popped over him. "You need to make him trust you again."

Thomas scoffed. "Cause Newt is so easy to reason with."

El winced slightly. "Yeah, he was uh, much worse when he was younger."

"What do you mean by much worse?"

El just patted Thomas' arm and smiled. "Just, good luck reasoning with him."

"Ready Thomas?" X asked as he looked at the boy.

Thomas nodded, squeezing his hands into fists.

El powered up, slowly spreading her icy palms across Thomas' body. He felt his body temperature drop instantly. X placed his fingertips on his temple, closing his eyes as he tapped into Thomas' mind, implementing false fears into his brain.

Thomas closed his eyes, starting to shiver as he focused on creating a copy of himself.

He felt dizzy, like he was walking on the thin line between consciousness and passing out. Thomas eyes rolled back under his eye lids and he was out, his mind going blank and everything freezing.

When Thomas opened his eyes he was standing up. He looked over and saw himself laying on the table, he was shivering and there were chunks of ice surrounding his limbs. It worked. He looked down, smoothening his hands over the jacket. It was so weird, he was inside his body yet outside own his body at the same time.

"Thomas," X said as he looked at the boy.

Thomas snapped his head up to look at him.

"When you see Newt, you can't lose it."

Thomas nodded. "Got it."

"Ready to go back?"

Thomas nodded, flinching slightly when the brown haired girl, Kitty, took his hand. She put her hands on both sides of his head.

"Breathe normally," she said as she felt Thomas' muscles clench.

Thomas took in a breath before gasping as he felt his body thrown back. He lost his footing and he his lungs felt as if they were being crushed by a cinder block. The world was black and he was falling. It all lasted merely a second until he could breathe normally again.