first.

March 23rd 1998

12:34 pm

      "I don't have a lot of time left," Thomas said as he looked at Newt who was criss crossed on his floor, folding clothes.

     "What?" The blonde boy stopped and looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

     "I have to go back soon."

     "Go back where?" Newt asked as he frowned. "Tommy, don't fuck with me."

     "To my time, to 2003." Thomas looked down. "To my eighteen year old body and my nineteen year old Newt."

     "That's weird," Newt said softly.

     "What is?"

     "That that makes me jealous." Newt scoffed out a laugh. "I'm jealous of myself."

     Thomas slid down onto the floor next to him. "I love you then and I love you now."

     Newt looked him with this completely vulnerable expression. "How does it work? Am I just gonna wake up and you'll be gone?"

     "I don't know," Thomas said softly as he reached out and squeezed Newt's hand. "You might not even remember I was here. I just don't know."

     Panic flashed across Newt's face. "What? I won't remember you?"

     "Maybe not." Thomas squeezed his hand again.

     He didn't miss the tears building up in Newt's eyes. "It's not fair," he muttered quietly.

     Thomas gently kissed his forehead.

     Newt threw his arms around him, almost knocking Thomas over.

     "It's not fair," Newt muttered again.

     Thomas wrapped his arms around the boy's waist, pulling him into him more. "We'll be together soon though."

     Newt pulled back and wiped his eyes. "I knew it was too good to be true."

     "What?"

     "You're perfect for me Tommy, we work. I'm happy with you. I love you. I knew I wasn't going to have that forever. It's too good to be true."

     Thomas' heart tightened. "No that's the thing, we get to be together now! We get to be together in the future because of this!"

     Newt frowned. "I want to be together now."

     Thomas leaned over and kissed him. "I know."

     Newt frowned. "Kiss me again."

     Thomas obliged.

     "Promise me," Newt said when Thomas pulled away from him.

     "Promise you what?"

     "That we get a happy ending."

     Thomas held out his pinky. "I promise."

     Newt smiled softly. "Fucking dork." He locked his pinky with his anyways.

     Thomas pulled Newt in and kissed him again, smiling against his lips. Yeah, he was stupid in love, but it was fine.

     Newt stood up, hopping on the bed before patting the spot next to him. "Come up here."

     "But the laundry..."

     "Fuck the laundry Tommy."

     Thomas pursed his lips but climbed onto the bed anyways.