repeat.

March 7th 1998

9:15 am

     Thomas didn't sleep that night. He lay awake staring at the ceiling and turning his conversation with Teresa over and over in his head. He almost completely forgot about her, his first kiss, his first relationship and the girl who betrayed them the most.

     Thomas knew why he was there, he had a mission, but he didn't think he'd see her again. She was alive and well and she looked happy when in just a few short years she'd cause one of the most catosptrohic events in the school's history.

     In the morning Thomas slugged to the kitchen to find something to eat. Seeing Teresa made him feel so many things he didn't want to feel.

     Thomas reached for a box of cereal, standing on his toes to reach it.

     "Hey."

     Thomas jumped, letting out a very manly scream and watching the cereal drop to the ground and explode all over the floor.

     Thomas frowned at the ground, letting out a defeated sigh before looking back up and seeing Newt.

     "Uh hi." Now Thomas was blushing.

     "Why did you try and follow me last night?" Newt asked. Today he had on obscenely ripped jeans and another too big shirt on him. It was as if he was too small for everything he wore which was unfairly cute.

     "What?"

     "I saw you leave the room."

     Of course he did. Welp no point in lying.

     "I was worried about you."

     "Why?"

     "You seemed upset."

     Newt rolled his eyes. "No like, why do you care?"

     "Cause we're friends."

     "No we're not."

     Thomas sighed. "Cause I know you then?"

     "It's not your job."

     "I know."

     "You don't know anything about me."

     I beg to differ you sweet moody boy.

     "Then tell me."

     Newt paused, clearly taken aback by Thomas' response. He wasn't expecting that.

     "I-I..."

     Thomas just stared at him, Newt's cheeks were flushing red.

     "Did you mean what you said?" Newt blurted out suddenly.

     "What?"

     "In Minho's room," Newt said, refusing to meet Thomas' gaze. "Did you mean what you said in Minho's room?"

     Thomas thought back to the conversation the night before, he was honestly drawing a blank. "That I feed off people's fears?"

     "No!" Newt frowned, he was starting to get frustrated. "The other thing! Did you mean it or not Tommy?"

     Tommy, there it was.

     "Tommy huh?" Thomas smirked, his expression turning into a smile when Newt scowled in a feeble attempt to hide his growing blush.