pieces.

March 8th 1998

10:45 pm

     Thomas jumped when there was a soft knock on his door. He hopped off his bed and swung the door open, smiling softly when he saw it was Newt.

     "Hey," Thomas said as he let him come in the room.

     Newt gave him a half smile before he walked into the room.

     He was in an oversized t-shirt and black sweatpants.

     "Do any of your shirts fit you?" Thomas asked as Newt turned to him and frowned.

     "They're not mine."

     "What?"

     "They don't fit because they're not mine. I got them from the professor but they didn't have any in my size."

     Thomas' heart clenched, he didn't realize that's why Newt dressed like that.

     Thomas reached into his drawer and pulled out like three shirts before throwing them at Newt. "Here. They're mediums, you're probably a small but these won't swallow your body like your shirts are currently doing."

     Newt's face softened as he looked at the shirts in his hand. "You're giving these to me?"

     I won't be here long anyways.

     "Yeah. I have a decent amount you can have a few."

     Newt actually smiled as he carefully put them on the dresser.

     "Thanks Tommy."

     Thomas sat on the bed and patted the spot next to him. "Let's talk about the nightmares."

     Newt nodded and sat on the edge of the bed.

     "What are they about?"

     Newt's expression fell as he looked down at his lap. "Something that happened a couple years ago."

     "So a memory?"

     Newt shrugged. "I guess."

     "Do you sleep by yourself?" Thomas asked.

     Newt nodded. "No ones allowed in my room."

     "So you're by yourself every night?"

     Newt's cheeks flushed slightly. "When it gets bad I sleep with Minho sometimes."

     Oof.

     "Does it help?"

     Newt flushed darker. "He doesn't know."

    "What?"

     "I turn invisible and sleep on the floor then I sneak out before he wakes up."

     "Wow, that's kinda..."

     "Creepy."

     "Adorable."

     Newt would never admit he wanted to sleep with someone. Guess nothing changed.

     Newt was blushing again. "It's fuckin stupid. Can't even sleep on my own, pathetic."

     "It's not stupid Newt," Thomas said softly. "Whatever you went through was probably horrible. Nightmares and flashbacks is just the way life gets to fuck you twice."

     Newt huffed out a laugh. "Fair point."

      "I'll sleep on the floor," Thomas said as he grabbed a pillow and dropped it on the small rug. "You sleep in the bed. I'll see what happens tonight and we can go from there."