Chapter thirty nine: Years later....

Gaara and Sarina were still together-graduating high school together, they were now going to the same college for the same major as well. So they saw each other a lot and they lived together in the small apartment that Sarina owned on top of the Yamanaka household's studio. Sarina still worked there but as a secondary dance instructor due to her wanting to focus on her studies.

Gaara knew that since their lack of communication and dating in the past that he still had to earn the trust of his girlfriend of almost five years. When their five year anniversary came up when they were in college Gaara took her out that night to celebrate the night, he knew damn well that she was stressed out from their classes-especially with some of them constantly flirting with her when she was taken by him.

The entire time that they had classes he had showed just how much he adored her by his side until that night when he took her out for dinner. That's when he made his move to make sure that she knew just how much he truly did love her and wanted her trust once more. During dinner when she had left out to use the girls room he slipped a box in front of her plate which she instantly noticed when she came back.

Gaara kept looking down at his food until she spoke his name-that's when he had looked up at her only to see her tearing up. He held her freehand as he knelt down in front of her. "Sarina-I know that things have been difficult between the two of us for the last few years but I want you to realize just how much you truly mean to me. I only wish to be with you-I only love you. Sarina Sanchez will you do me the honors of being my wife and my everything from this moment on?"

Sarina teared up and nodded her head happily. "Yes! Of course Gaara! I-I'd love that!"

The people who had known about what was going to happen cheered as Gaara slipped the ring on her left hand before he pulled her up and kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back as she held onto him tightly. The rest of the night he saw a bit of a change in the way that Sarina treated him. She was less hostile towards him and she seemed to have let a lot of things go from that moment on. It was like all suspicions of them falling apart were shattered after he had proposed to her.

When they had gotten back to the apartment Sarina went to take a shower, as she did Gaara went to call his siblings about what had happened that night. After a short conversation that he had with them he went to join his fiancee in the bathroom as he made sure that she knew just how much she truly meant to him-especially after what had happened that night. He wanted his actions to go along with the words he spoke to her.

The next day when they went to their classes whenever someone came up to her they immediately backed away when she took the initiative to kiss him on the lips and lace their fingers together. Even though he knew she was beyond happy to be with him-he didn't expect her to have done what she had. But it made him happy that she was finally believing in their relationship now that he was going to be hers for the rest of their life.

After they had graduated college with their bachelors degree they both agreed it was then time for them to finally get married. So with the help of Kankuro and Temari they were able to finally get things to be what they wanted and they got married a week before Sarina's birthday in May. The day before they got married Temari, Sakura and Ino all were with Sarina in a hotel room where they played games and teased the hell out Sarina for being the first one of them to marry.

Sarina felt very nervous so she didn't sleep at all, she instead just listened to music until the sun came up. When it became morning Sarina woke the other girls up before she went to take a shower.