Chapter Twenty Eight: Beach time

When the four of them got to the beach Sarina was very iffy about taking her jacket off of her body-she didn't know if her body had healed or not. She didn't think that she could show her skin so soon, but Gaara reassured her that everything would be just fine. He even helped her out with her jacket before he kissed her on the lips.

"You look beautiful don't be afraid-I'm right here. Nothing will happen to you I promise."

She nodded her head as she looked up at him. "A-Alright. I hope you're right about that."

The lot of them spent as much time together as possible until more and more people began to show-that's when Sarina fled away from the large group of people and went to sit alone by some rocks as she had her knees up to her chest. She wanted to go back home where she felt safe and not judged but she knew she couldn't due to Temari being the one to drive them to the beach to begin with. Sarina didn't know the way back home so she was stuck where she was.

Sarina stayed on the rock until Kankuro went looking for her and found her. He sat beside her and placed a hand on the top of her head softly. "Hey you doin' alright kiddo?"

"No-Being around this many people makes me anxious and makes me wanna hide myself. Plus Gaara wasn't really paying attention to me so I...I felt like leaving the area was the best thing for me to do." She said with a sigh shaking her head

Kankuro frowned as he looked to the young brunette female. "I'm sorry to hear that. Gaara shouldn't be neglecting you like this when he was acting like a lost puppy not that long ago when you went to go job hunting."Kankuro said seriously before he got up

He then pulled her up and picked her up before jumping down off of the rock. He set her down before he grinned at her. "Do you know how to swim?"

"Nope. This is legit the first time I've ever been at a beach Kankuro." Sarina said shaking her head

He sighed knowing that he shouldn't have asked the question, but he had to be sure. He pulled her close to the water. "Then let me teach you Sarina, I know it'll be scary at first but you got me and you trust me yeah?"

She nodded her head. "Mhm, I trust you. You stood up for me when it came between my sister and I...I was really surprised about it but I understand why you said what you did."

Once her feet touched the water she squealed out a bit. "Holy crap that's cold!"

"It's going to be. C'mon you'll get used to it promise!" Kankuro said chuckling a bit

She walked into the water and she shivered a bit due to the cold water but as she begin to feel the water get to her waist she began to freak out. "K-Kankuro..."

"I'm right here. You're alright I promise." Kankuro reassured her.

She nodded her head before she held onto both of his hands tightly before her feet couldn't reach the sand under the water anymore. "A-Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course I'm sure, just keep your eyes on me alright?"

"K-Kay."

"Good, now let your feet rise up behind you."

She did as he told her and he went from holding her hands to holding one of her hands and her hip to keep her from falling into the water.

"Good, good. Now Sarina slowly move your feet as if you were kicking."

She did as he told her, moving her legs slowly so she didn't end up splashing Kankuro in the face only for Kankuro to see that Gaara was too busy talking with Matsuri and two other females that Temari was friends with to realize that he was teaching his girlfriend how to swim. Kankuro shook his head before he looked down to Sarina and he let go of her hands. Kankuro began to instruct Sarina more until Temari and Shikamaru swam up to the two of them curiously.

"Why are you the one teaching Sarina how to swim Kankuro? Shouldn't Gaara be the one to do this?" Shikamaru asked curiously