Chapter 37

Your palms were sweating as the maids helped you into the dress. It was the same material as the one you wore three years ago in place of Ha Eun. But this time, it was different. This time, this is for you, and it will be meaningful and filled with love. The hanbok was red and gold, your hair braided and pinned in all places. Makoto sent a pearl hair pin as a wedding gift. A woman approached with the pin and placed it in your hair.

"Thank you, Mrs.Kim."

"Sweetheart, I'll be your eomma soon." she said softly, placing both her hands on your shoulder. You sat in front of your vanity, looking at yourself in the mirror. Your lips a rosy color, light makeup and jewelry. "You look beautiful." she said.

"Thank you, eomma." You spun around on the chair to took up properly at her. She was also in her hanbok, her hair curled to her shoulder. A string of pearls across her neck. She looks like a queen.

"Dear, I'm so happy right now. Not only did I get my son back, but I now have a beautiful and talented daughter-in-law." She grabbed your hand and patted it with hers. She was getting teary. "I don't think I've told you how sorry I was for your lost. I'm ashamed of what that man did. Thank you for being strong this whole time and still loving my son."

"Eomma, you have never treated me like a servant. You took care of me when I was working here. I should be thanking you." you told her.

"My husband was very fond of you, and so was I. You were so kind, smart, never rude and never false about who you are. You are genuine. I can't imagine Namjoon marrying anyone else." she chuckled. "I remembered when you first came around, Namjoon would secret walk passed Ha Eun's room more just to see you. He even told me he had a crush, and did his best to not flat out tell me. But the poor boy is too honest. I knew it was you the minute he started talking."

It made you blush. Ha Eun, also dressed in a blue hanbok, entered your room with her arm in Taehyung's, a camera in his other hand. When she saw you, she gasped and legit cried. "Unnie, you look so beautiful." She pushed Taehyung off and ran to you.

"Uh uh, no hugging, you'll mess up her hair." eomma said, slapping her hands away. Ha Eun pouted. "Aish, I can't believe you're getting married soon." she added.

"You're not taking back your blessing, right?" Taehyung asked, suddenly nervous.

"Of course not. I know you'll take good care of her." eomma said. Taehyung gave his usual box smile.

"Thank you, eomma." Then he turned to you. "It's time for your solo portrait, your Highness." He gave you his hand to help you up. The garden outside your room was decorated to match the theme. The ceremony would take place in the main garden, but Taehyung decided the one outside your room was also beautiful and less crowded. People had been running around all morning to make sure things were going alright. He placed you under a willow tree, and took million of pictures until your face hurt from smiling. When he was satisfied, he took you back to the room.

"Did you already take Namjoon's portrait?"

"Yes, hyung has been ready hours ago."

"Really? It's still early before the ceremony." you said in surprised.

"Can you blame him? He's getting married to the love of his life. I doubt I'll be able to sleep for my wedding day." Taehyung said. It reminded of you last night. Ha Eun stayed the night and the two of you talked for hours. It didn't calm your nerves, you doubt anything will. As tradition, you won't be seeing him until the ceremony.

People had been filling the garden, from officials to family and friends. Seokjin guided Makoto to his special seat at the front on your side. Coincidentally or totally coordinated, they wore the same color palette which made them look like a couple. Taehyung and Ha Eun sat in the front row along with the twins.

Mrs.Kim sat on one side of the altar as Namjoon's family and your caretaker from the orphanage sat as yours, a portrait of your parents behind her. The altar was set up front and centered on a big platform. Some fruits and food occupied the table along with some wine, very traditional. And of course, with red carpeting. A small Korean band played on the side, you had wanted CLC, but sadly, that wouldn't be very appropriate. Namjoon promised they'll be at the after party. The officials were hesitant about having an outdoor wedding, but they were enjoying the sun and the warmth.

The nervous groom stood by his mother's side, listening to her comfort words and advice. "Marriage is hard, but you have to listen and protect each other, alright?" she said.

"Of course, eomma, she's my life. I'll protect her better than Yoongi and Hoseok." Namjoon declared, which made the people in the front row chuckled. Every few seconds, he would straighten his already pressed royal blue hanbok and headpiece. Just then, the gong rang, and the crowd stopped talking. They looked towards the back corridor, where you were standing with Hoseok and Yoongi at your sides. You had asked them to escort you because they have always taken care of you. For the most part, you had to cover your face with your sleeves as you walk.

From afar, Namjoon stopped breathing. The world faded out and he could only see you walking towards him. Hoseok guided you to stand on the altar, you almost tripped and Namjoon almost lunged for you, but stopped himself. The crowd chuckled. Once you were situated, the ceremony began. There wasn't an officiant, everyone knew what to do. You had to bow to the parents, then to the ancestors, and finally to each other. Namjoon still hasn't seen your face at this point and he was getting impatient. To deviate from tradition a little bit, you two did write vows. Namjoon was first to read his.

"Moon Y/N, when I first saw you, I knew you were the one. That sounds really cliche, I know. But you have always been the one for me, just like the moon belongs in the sky, I belong to you, infinitely. We've been through so much together, and apart, and we have grew stronger. When I was away, my heart ached at not being you, or hear your sweet voice. You are so strong and brave and beautiful. You are a blessing to this country and to me. I'm so grateful. You are a wonderful Princess and you will be a wonderful Queen. I'll always be your other half, your constant. I love you to the moon and beyond, your Majesty." He bowed, to show respect because as of now, you are the Queen. When you lowered your sleeves, you saw him crying. "Oh my gosh, you're so pretty." he muffled, and wiped the tears away.

"My Prince, you will always be the prince that I have loved from the distance. When I was close to you, my heart swelled up with happiness and I felt like I was in a fairy tale, I still feel that way everyday with the way you look at me. I might have lost my family, but I have gained a nation, I've gained love and trust. I will spend the rest of my life making you proud of me. I love you, Kim Namjoon, my Princes, my King."

What he did next would be considered untraditional, but no one minded. He pulled you close, knocked off his headpiece and kissed you deeply. His arms were wrapped carefully around your waist and deepened the kiss. You melted into him, feeling every part of his skin and love for you. This was yours, everything of him belonged to you.