Chapter 35

The first thing Mrs. Kim did when she saw him was not embrace him in a hug. She instead grabbed one of her slippers and hit him several times in the ass. Ha Eun remained unbothered as she sipped a cup of tea with you in her room. You arrived late last night and waited until the morning to visit. She asked about Japan.

"You should go there for your honeymoon. I'm sure Makoto would love to have guests over. The trees are just beautiful." you explained.

"I would love that. Sadly, Taehyung already booked us for a cruise in the Bahamas. It'll be a nice way to spend winter. Then once I start school again, I start my internship. They even said I could graduate early." she giggled.

"I'm not surprised. I always knew you were a smart girl."

"Thank you. It's all because of you, unnie."

The noise in the living room died down, so it must be that Mrs.Kim has decided to stop punishing Namjoon. As you and Ha Eun got near the room, you could hear quiet sobbing instead. Mrs.Kim wrapped her arms tightly around her son, who had his head on her shoulder.

"Don't do this again, okay?"

"Yes, eomma. I have no reason to leave. And I have all the reasons to stay."
"I'm glad. We need you. She needs you." She patted him on the back before letting him go. Her tears stanning his shoulder.

"And I need her too." he answered, looking passed his mom and right at you. You blushed and faced the ground. He walked towards you and kissed your forehead. "Eomma, I'm gonna go out with Y/N for a bit, I'll be back for dinner though."

"Alright, don't be out with her Highness too late." his mom yelled back. Once you got outside, you noticed that Hoseok and Yoongi were gone. But the car was still there. Namjoon smirked and dragged you to the passenger side.

"Since when did you know how to drive?"

"Makoto thought it was finally time. Besides, I can't have a driver take us on dates. That would be weird."

"So we're going on a date then?" you asked.

"If that's okay with you, Princess."

"Hmm, I guess I have nothing better to do." you laughed. He rolled his eyes and kissed your hand. He continued holding it the whole drive. "Where are we going though?"

"That's a surprise." he said. Then we went on about some memories of Japan. "Makoto might look cool and composed on the outside, but he's terrified of mochi."

"Mochi? As in the best snack ever? Why?"

"I'm not sure. It has to do with the shape. It's a mystery to him." Namjoon answered.

"Well, he probably wouldn't like Jimin then."

"Speaking of Jimin, how are the twins?"
"They're good. Both of them are graduating soon, and they'll have stable careers. I thought about inviting them to live in the palace once they graduate. What do you think?"
"That sounds wonderful. Then it'll be sorta like old times again, with our family and theirs." Namjoon said, smiling as he looked at the road ahead. Your stomach released butterflies when he said 'our family'. It's a warm thought to have. The car pulled into a familiar parking lot, and like last time, it was empty. But unlike last time, this was summer, everything was more vivid and colorful. He opened the passenger door for you and held onto your hand as the two of you entered the gate.

"How did you manage to close the park again?"

"I have my ways. I can do more than that if it meant that I get to see that beautiful smile on your face." He booped your nose and pulled you into his chest. He smelled the same, of home. He wore blue jeans, white tee, and a loose cardigan. Typical Namjoon style. You wore also wore jeans and a long sleeve blouse that reminds you of 18th century composers.

"You learned a lot of cheesy lines from Makoto, haven't you?"

"Actually, no. It just comes out when I'm with you." The park was just as beautiful as you remember. The trees were in full color and the flowers were vibrant, aromas filling your nose. You two were walking to that small bridge. He stopped when you got in the middle of it. The river moved like silk.

"I'm glad it's just with me. I bet girls over there couldn't keep their hands off of you." you said casually, expecting him to laugh, but he frowned instead.

"Shut up."

"So you didn't think about anyone else while you were away?"

"There's only you, Y/N." he said sternly. When you looked at him, his chocolate orbs were staring deeply at you.

"Didn't you get lonely?"

"Yes, but I looked at the stars, and I would count every one of them. Even they can't amount to the love I have for you. I don't care about any other girl but you. I never had and I never will. Okay?"
"Alright." you said, leaning into him. You began walking again, this time, towards the small waterfall. And instead of the bench across, he took you right in front of the water. The sound was loud, but bearable. Water splashed on your face and it made you giggle.

"Y/N, why haven't you asked me about the ring?"

"I-I don't know. I guess I didn't want to push you into anything you didn't want to do..."

"Pabo, I wish you would be more confident about yourself. Anyone would be a fool to not marry you. And I am no fool myself." He fiddled into his pocket and pulled out the familiar ring. "I wanted to do this the right way." He pulled away from you, and knelt down on one knees. Even though you were expecting it, tears were still forming. "Y/N, my Princess. I have loved you for so long and I will love you forever more. I now know that I am the right man for you, and I will be here with you through everything. Will you be my Queen?" The sound of the waterfall suddenly disappeared and you could hear his voice clearly.

You blinked, tears falling. "You were always the one for me. Yes." He pulled you up and spun you around. The moment was forever engraved in both your hearts. And the kiss the came after was the cherry on top.