Chapter 27

Daehan sat comfortably on the throne. He feels like it was within his right to sit their, he has worked for it his whole life. And with the Prince missing, which he hasn't told anyone, no one would be here to stop his announcement of the merging. The officials were arguing amongst themselves like always, about unimportant issues like the drought and starving citizens.

"Japan is a great nation with many natural resources that our country desperately needs." Official Han said, one of Daehans' right hand man. But even he wasn't safe from the elimination. "The treaty simply means that Japan will provide us with the resources while we provide land for them to grow."

"We cannot let them into our country. It's bad enough that we've already lost Princess Ha Eun to them. If we sign this treaty, we're practically handing ourselves over to them." said Official Lee, one of the strongholds for the late Moon regime.

"While that might be it, my brother and nephew had already agreed to this treaty." Daehan declared. The officials were silence, but only for a split second, then they turned and talked amongst themselves. Imbeciles, he thought, and soon they'll be gone. He chuckled to himself but then the doors to the room flung open. A pair in Japanese clothing stood, breathless.

It didn't take long for Daehan to recognize the two of you. The officials gasped at the sight of the kingslayer and the Prince, together, hand in hand. To his surprised, Daehan wasn't shocked. He noticed the way the Prince had always looked at you, like the sun, the star, the home he'd been wanting. His eyes did narrowed in on you. When you disappeared from his house, the twins told him that someone took you away and knocked them out. They cleaned up the mess in the office and Daehan doesn't know that you have the notes. "Prince Namjoon, what do you think you're doing with that witch? And why are you dressed like that?" he asked over the sound of the crowd. He was nervous that the Prince might say something, though he knew he had trained his nephew well. This was just another hill to get over.

"Whatever the Prime Minister is saying about the Japanese deal, it's all a lie." Namjoon said. He released your hand and walked towards the throne.

"What do you mean, your Highness? We have talked about this deal before." Daehan said, clearly agitated but he held his tongue back.

"Yes, you did tell me, and I nodded like the dog you wanted me to be." He was a foot away from Daehan, staring down at the man. "You didn't really think I could be a puppy, did you?" Daehan froze, his pupils dilated in fear.

"I-I don't understand what you mean. You've read the documents that I sent over and you agreed."

"Your Highness it is for the best of the country." Official Lee chimed in. Namjoon spun around and looked at the man, his smirk grew. He walked towards to the man, who shrank in his place. Namjoon patted him on the shoulder, it felt like a mountain.

"I bet he didn't tell you the rest of the deal, right?" the Prince asked. Official Lee glanced over at Daehan for an answer, but got none. Namjoon walked towards the middle, eyeing every officials on Daehan's side and laughed. "He's selling the country, and he's selling you all. There was never a plan in which you would get land in Japan and live out your days in peace. No. After the deal goes through, he'll lock you all up in jail and hand everything over to the Emperor."

"Prince Namjoon, don't be ridiculous. Why would I do something like that when I love my country?" the Prime Minister chuckled.

"Because you love yourself the most." Namjoon answered casually. Daehan stopped laughing, his palms were sweating.

"Is this true, Prime Minister?" Official Lee asked, his voice booming. The other side was too shocked to take amusement in this situation.

"I-I..." Daehan began.

"I met with the Prince Makoto. He had told me about your tratorious plan. Also, my sister is safe elsewhere. Don't think about finding her and using her as your pawn ever again." Namjoon pulled out the letters and the notes and showed it to the room. He then threw it on the floor, Official Lee immediately lunged for it. His eyes widened as he scanned everything. Then he looked at Daehan, if looks could kill...

"You traitor!" he yelled. We all believed you, we believed you would be a better leader than your brother. We all thought you would give us fortune. That was the only reason why we trusted you to kill both kings in the first place." Official Lee stopped talking, and realized what he had done. The crowd was silence, Namjoon clenched his jaws. Daehan was breathing fast. Official Lee turned to the Prince and was on his knees. "Your-your Highness, I-I didn't mean-"

Namjoon kicked him off. "I've heard enough. Guards take them away." On cue, the guards from outside dragged the complicite officials away. The remaining guards waited for Namjoon to give them orders regarding the Prime Minister. "Uncle, I've always thought you truly cared about me. But I can see now that you're a monster."

"Your Highness, why would you listen to them?" Daehan asked. You were shocked yet used to him being so arrogant. "They're clearly trying to blame me to save their own lives."

"Are you saying the notes aren't from you then?"

"I've never seen them in my entire life." he shrugged.

"I took them from your drawer. I heard your conversation on the phone. You're despicable to be lying right now." you said. All eyes went on you.

"Why should anyone believe you?"

"Because it is clear now that I didn't kill the King. You did. I have no reason to lie right now."

"You have no power here, Y/N." Daehan snarled. Namjoon raced to his uncle and pulled him up on his collar.

"Don't you dare speak her name." he growled.

The officials were still confused on what to do. They wanted Daehan off his position, but he couldn't just take the words of some random person. "Why should we believe you?" Official Han asked. He searched your face for any sign of malice, and found none. You looked at Namjoon, hoping that he could see how sorry you were with what you're about to do. Daehan realized immediately what you were doing, but it was too late for him to stop you.

You tugged on the kimono, and the top layer fell off your shoulder. Like magic, the birthmark shine. "It's the Moon child!" someone yelled through the crowd. Someone else said something too, but your gaze remain fixed on Namjoon, who dropped Daehan to his knees. There was a look on his face, sad, anger, betrayal. All the things you never wanted him to experience. His mouth said something that came like a whisper.

"You're the lost princess."