34 - Telling The Family

Lani's P.O.V.

Tom's face light up and he reminded me of a little boy who got exactly what he wanted for Christmas. He picked me up and spun around again causing me to giggle a little. He then placed me softly onto my own two feet and looked at me.

"I love you Lani." I smiled. I knew it was true and I knew how much I loved him.

"And I you." I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him gently before pulling back and walking over to the bed, where i flopped unceremoniously onto the bed and looked at the roof. I giggled when i felt the bed shift as Tom moved onto the bed as well. He was sitting cross-legged beside me. I turned my head and smiled at him. "So i guess now comes the task of telling our families."

I quickly sat up and looked at Tom. "Elsa is due to have her baby soon." 

"Indeed she is." He smiles at me and then pats my knee before getting up and walking into the kitchen area. "You hungry?" He looks over at me as he pulls out too glasses and then looks back as he pours some apple juice into them.

"I guess so."

"What do you feel like?" That was a question i wasn't quite sure i could answer. 

"I don't know. I guess some fruit salad might be nice." He turns and carries the glasses back over to where i sat still on the bed. I all of a sudden felt really lazy. He hands me one of the glasses and i take it and for a long moment, i just look at it.

"You alright?" I felt the bed shift once again when he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, just a lot to take in i suppose." I take a small sip of the juice and manage to keep it down. I smile inwardly at the success but only take small sips here and there.

"You'll be fine. We'll be fine." I smile and kiss his cheek. 

I put the glass on the bedside table and then lay back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. "I have to tell my family." I look over to him and he seems deep in thought. "Tom." He jumps slightly and looks at me.

"I'm sorry, i zoned out for a bit. You were saying?" I giggle.

"I said, i have to tell my family about us. I mean they already know that we are dating, but i have to tell them that we are engaged and that I'm pregnant."

"I'm sure they will be estatic." He smiles and then gets up and heads to the kitchen and makes something to eat. I end up looking back at the ceiling and closing my eyes for a small moment.

I groan when i feel someone gently shake me. "5 more minutes." I grumble and roll over trying to hide my face under my arm. I hear a chuckle and i open my eyes and turn my head. I see Tom and i give him a sleepy smile. "Hi."

"Morning. You hungry?" I roll over and look at him.

"Morning? How long have I been asleep?"

"Since around 4 yesterday afternoon and it is currently 8 in the morning." I sit up, noticing that I'm in a shirt that is way too big for me. 

"Why didn't you wake me? And don't you have filming today?" I am now sitting up and Tom sits next to me. I lean my head on his chest as he wraps his arm around me.

"I didn't want to wake you. You looked peaceful. As for filming, del Toro said i can have today off as well. I will have to go back tomorrow though." He kisses the top of my head and I smile a little.

"You didn't need to ask for the day off. I'm fine on my own." I look up at him and he looks down at me. 

"I know you can look after yourself but I wanted to spend a bit more time with you than what I have." He kisses my lips softly before pulling back and leaning his cheek against my head.