3 - How Could You?

Hey Guys, Chapter 3 is up! :) Thanks to all of you who are reading this story, hope you like this chapter, let me know what you think.

~Z

Lani's P.O.V.

"How could you!?" I yell as soon as we are far enough away that Elsa and Tom can't hear us. "You could have told me who the friend that we were staying with was Tom Hiddleston!"

"Lani, calm down. I tried but everytime i tried something happened and I forgot all about it." I glare at him.

We had landed in London about 40 minutes ago and our 'ride' hadn't shown up yet. Chris went off and called Tom while I sat with Elsa. There was one major thing left out though.... He hadn't told me who the friend was! I really should have seen it coming though, I mean, how many people does Chris know who live in London?

"You still could have told me without me having to ask about it!"

"Lani-"

"Don't Lani me Chris. I don't want to hear it. I'm not talking to you again until I feel like it." He tries to talk to me but i walk back towards Elsa and Tom completely ignoring him. I hear him sigh before he walks behind me.

"Is everything alright?" Elsa asked.

"Just peachy." I snap, forcing a smile.

"Lani!" I glare at Chris as he says my name but don't respond to him. "Sorry about her attitude. She normally isn't like this." Chris explained. "So as far as introductions go, Tom this is my sister Lani. Lani this is Tom, as we have already established."

"Well now that introductions are out of the way how about we head to my place. You lot look like you could use some sleep." Tom said, we all nodded our heads, feeling exhausted from the flight.

It took us about 15 minutes to get there, although I don't remember the drive to his house. I had fallen asleep in the car and was leaning on the window of the door. The next thing I know a pair of strong arms are under my knees and back lifting me from the back seat. Being exhausted I think that its Chris carrying me but stay sleeping in his arms.

I'm placed onto a nice soft bed and had a nice and warm blanket pulled up over me. I turn over and hear a chuckle before he kisses my forehead.

"Goodnight Lani." A strangely British voice said. I disregarded it and was soon out like a light as i heard the door to my room shut.

---- NEXT DAY ----

 I woke up to the sun coming in through the window. I stretched and blinked a few times to help my eyes adjust to the brightness of my surroundings. I got out of bed and thats when i noticed i was still in my clothes from yesterday. I looked around and noticed my suitcase was at the foot of my bed and opened it to find my slippers. 

Once i found my slippers i walked out of my room and into the kitchen where Tom and Chris were sitting and chatting. I decided that I would start talking to Chris again. He did carry me in last night after all. Didn't he?

"Morning." I said to the two of them.

"Morning" They both replied in unison. 

"Chris I'm sorry for what i said yesterday and thanks for carrying me in from the car." Chris looked confused.

"I didn't carry you inside from the car, Lani. Tom did." Well that explains as to why the voice sounded British. Wait, What!? Tom carried me inside? I didn't want to dwell on this subject anymore so i changed the subject.

"Where's your bathroom?" I ask because I was in desperate need of a shower.

"Second door on your right as you walk down the hall, love." The hairs on my neck stood at attention when Tom spoke. Its just Tom being Tom. He meant nothing by it. Right? 

"Thanks" I walk back to the room i'm staying in and grab a clean change of clothes before heading to the bathroom. 

The shower was nice and relaxing, I didn't want to get out but i knew i had to. I walked out of the bathroom fully clothed and drying my hair with a towel. 

"Thanks for that Tom." I say as i reach the kitchen. He looks at me and lets out his signature 'ehehe' laugh and a dazzling smile. Did I really just say that? 

"No worries. Anytime." He walks towards me making me realize just how tall he was. He was at least 6'2 maybe 6'3 towering over my 5'1 frame. "Are you hungry? I can make you something if you want." I nodded my head not trusting my voice. He looks at me again. "Are you going to tell me what you want or do i have to guess?" His voice held a joking tone which i couldn't help but smile at. He smiled back.

"Right. Umm..." I had no idea what i wanted. He seemed amused by my confusion but he didn't let it show.

"How about if I just make some eggs and bacon?" He asked. Once again I nod not trusting my voice. He smiles and walks back over and starts cooking some breakfast. I just stare at him. 

"You seem to be in your own little universe this morning." I jump when I hear Elsa's voice behind me. I turn and look at her.

"I guess?"

"Is that a question? Come for a walk." She says. I nod.

"Ok." I sneak a glance at Tom and I quickly look away when he is looking at me. "Umm, i'm going for a walk with Elsa." He smiles.

"That's alright, breakfast will be ready for you when you get back." I swear my heart was having a somersault contest with my stomach. I just give him a smile and walk out to the front where Elsa is waiting for me. She has a smile on her face which I ignore as we start our walk.

"You like him don't you?" She askes not 5 minutes after we start walking. I keep walking but i look at her.

"Who? Tom? No.... Maybe..... I don't know." I stammer. She lets out a small giggle.

"I think you do."

"I can't though, can I? I mean he is best friends with Chris. I don't know it just doesn't feel right, yet it kinda does."

"I'm pretty sure Chris would have no objections to the two of you becoming more than friends." 

"What should I do, Elsa? I've known the man not even a full day and I already have feelings for him! I'm so confused."

"Go with what your heart tells you. I can't tell you what you should do, only you can make that choice."

I let her words sink in as we continue our walk. What do I feel? Does he feel the same way? Should I? Shouldn't I? What will Chris say? So many questions were going through my head as we finish the walk in silence. 

When we got back, as soon as I walked through the door I was greeted with the aroma of eggs and bacon. I took in a deep breath savouring the sweet smell.

Mmmmm, now that's something that I could get used to.