13 - Making It Through the Week Part 3: Thursday

Lani's P.O.V.

Thursday 16th February

This morning I was woken up by Isabelle. Not exactly the wake up call I was expecting when her and Ashton decided to jump on me. I got up and chased them downstairs into the kitchen and made them some pancakes for breakfast.

Tom got up not too long after me, but he looked buggered. I helped Sammy get the kids ready for school and after searching for a hairbrush for 20 minutes, it was found and i braided Isabelle's hair. 

The day was actually calm today at school. No fights, no nothing. It got a bit quiet at one stage so i turned the radio on, then started our own mini singing competition. I had 3 other teachers come and tell me to keep my class under control but once they left we got straight back into it until lunchtime. So much for getting work done.

I got another text from my mum asking what time me and my mystery guest were going to be there. The way i see it, i'll get home from work, get into some more comfortable clothes, grab Tom's hand and then head out the door again. So i just told her we'll get there when we get there. 

Tom bought me lunch! How he knows what i liked is beyond me. He bought Subway for both of us and we sat outside watching the kids during recess. I noticed a few of the girls from the older years looking at Tom every now and then. I couldn't help but cover my mouth to stop myself from giggling. I think they knew who he was.

The rest of the day we actually got the work we were supposed to done and dusted for the day. Once that was done we turned the radio on again and just sang till our little hearts were content. Probably one of the best days of teaching i've ever had.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about my parents and other brothers meeting Tom. I'm a bit skeptical. Although they reacted to Monty when i told them about him.... I guess I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it goes well.

Yours, Lani

Third Person P.O.V.

She entered the house after getting back from work and busied herself to get into some more comfortable clothes. 

 "Tom!" She walks out of the room, just finishing a braid that she put into her hair.

"Yeah?" He walked out of his room in a pair of blue jeans and white shirt.

"You ready?"

"I guess so. Anything i should know before i meet them?"

"Not really. You'll be fine." They walk out of the house, locking it and getting into Lani's car.

After about 20 minutes, they pulled up in front of the house and she turned the car off before getting out. "Well welcome home. I guess that's what can be said." She walks upto the front door and knocks with Tom standing behind her.

"Hang on a minute!" A voice shouted from the other side of the door. Lani recognized it as Luke. 

"Take your time." She answered. There was a clatter of something hitting the floor. She rolled her eyes and the door opened a crack to reveal a partial face that belonged to her brother Luke.

"Lani?"

"Are you going to let me in or not?" The door opens wider to reveal Luke standing in board shorts and a grey sleeveless shirt. 

"Who's at the door Luke?" A feminine voice calls from the kitchen.

"Its Lani." Lukes eyes move from Lani to Tom and his eyes go wide. "And Tom." A woman walks out from the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel.