19 - Hollywood Blunders

Lani's P.O.V.

------- 2 WEEKS LATER -------

It has been 2 weeks since Tom left to go back to London. I missed him but we called every night no matter how late it was. I liked the fact that he went out of his way to talk to me, but sometimes i wish he wouldn't tire himself out so much. His agent must hate me. That being said I wasn't prepared for what was on the news as I walked into the lounge room where my brothers and dad sat, looking as bored as ever. I was carrying a drink in for Chris when something on the news caught my attention.

"And in other news, British actor Tom Hiddleston has been spotted roaming the streets of London with an unknown woman." A picture of Tom with a blonde haired woman linking arms and looking like they were enjoying themselves flashed onto the screen. Deep breaths Lani. It's nothing. "It seems that this British heart throb has found his way from one heart to another. Will this one last as long as the last or will this be another Hollywood Blunder." The glass i was bringing in for Chris dropped out of my hand, making my brothers aware of my presence. 

"Lani." Chris started, but i wasn't paying any attention to him, my eyes were fixed to the tv where the picture of Tom and this blonde haired woman were linking arms and looking happy. "Lani." Chris tried again to get my attention. I turned to look at him, tears blurring my vision. He walked upto me and embraced me in a tight hug as i broke down in tears, crying into his chest. "Shhh, it's ok. I'm sure it's nothing. He hasn't forgotten you. You'll see. He will ring you tonight and I'm sure it is just some person who was with him just at the wrong time." 

The rest of the night I had my phone with me wherever I went, I didn't want to miss the call from Tom as he was due to call me anytime now. I sat on the couch watching films with Chris to pass the time.

------- 3 HOURS LATER -------

It has been 3 hours. 3 FREAKING HOURS! Tom was supposed to call me earlier and it was now close to Midnight. "Are you going to be alright Lani?" Chris asked as I stayed close to his side, not wanting to believe what I had seen on the news. I nod and he moves to get up. I let him get up and he walks out, giving me a reassuring smile before disappearing upstairs.

I decide to text Tom. 

Me: Tom, we need to talk.

I put the phone down and put on another movie to watch, my head buzzing too much for me to feel tired. After a few moments, i hear my phone buzz.

Tom: Your right. I don't want to see you anymore Lani. We are over.

My heart broke in two. He.... what? I ran upstairs leaving the movie playing and flopped onto my bed, burying my head in the pillows and I cry myself to sleep.

Tom's P.O.V.

------- AT THE SAME MOMENT -------

I was just walking out of the bathroom after a warm shower when i stopped dead in my tracks. "Jade? What are you doing here?"

"Is that anyway to greet a lady Tom?" I furrow my brow. I had met Jade last week at a bar. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing there in the first place but we ended up bumping into each other. Literally.

"It would have been nice of you to call first." She let out a quiet laugh but made no move to get out. "Jade. I don't want you here."

"Of course you do. You just don't know what your saying." She said flirtatiously. If only Lani was here.

"I know full well what I'm saying. I will say it again. I don't want you here."

"And why is that?" She doesn't give up does she?