30 - A Chance At A New Start

Lani's P.O.V.

------- 3 MONTHS LATER -------

It has been 3 months. 3 months since i found out that Chris had tried to set me up with Tom. 3 months since Tom told me that he loved me and 3 months since we started dating on our own terms not Chris's. I had forgiven Chris after a few weeks with some persuasion from Tom. 

At this current moment in time i was sitting by a lake watching the sun come up. Guess i should mention that I'm once again over in England. It is the same lake Tom took me to on our first date when Chris, Elsa and I first came here. It looked beautiful with the colors dancing off the water surface. 

"Would you like some company?" I turn my head and smile when i see Tom walking up behind me. I nod as he sits down next to me.

"I would love some company." I sit a bit closer to him and lean my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "It's beautiful. Isn't it?"

"It sure is. Lani I've been thinking."

"That's dangerous." I giggle and he looks at me with a serious expression. I sit up and look at him. "What's the matter Tom?"

"As you know i have to leave for Toronto in a few days for the filming of the new film I've been cast in. And you also know that I'll be there for around 6 months." I nod. Where is he going with this?

"Your not breaking up with me are you?"

"Heavens no! I couldn't bring myself to do that. Lani, you mean everything to me." He kisses me softly and i smile as i kiss him back. He pulls back leaving me wanting more and looks at me, his blue eyes shining with the mischief i have grown to love. "I want you to come with me." 

I sat there trying to think about what i just heard. He wants me to go to Toronto with him? I looked at his face trying to find if this was some sort of sick joke or even an attempt to lighten the mood so i won't miss him so much when he leaves. "Is this a joke?" His face was priceless. It went from the happy look he had, to a downright shocked face in a matter of seconds. It took all the willpower i possessed to keep myself from laughing. 

"I'm being completely serious Lani. I talked with the people who are over there and they said that I could bring you along. It does mean though that you probably won't get to see me very much while i'm filming. But then the rest of the time, I'm all yours." I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face as he spoke.

"You're certain they won't mind?"

"I'm sure. They said that you can stay with me in the hotel and that you can come by and say hi during the breaks from filming." I couldn't believe it. I am being given the one oppurtunity that would make my day. Do i say yes or no?

"When do you have to have a definite answer by?" He looked slightly hurt by my question but i could practically hear his brain whirring away inside that head of his.

"By the end of the week. I leave on Saturday." Ok so that gave me 3 days to think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love Tom but i don't know that I should go. I mean there are heaps of girls who would jump at the chance if they were in my position. But would it be the right move?

"I'll let you know by Thursday. I'm not sure if i want to, but i want to at the same time." He seemed to relax a bit when i said that. When we walked back home, the day went by like nothing ever before. The hours just seemed to fly by. Guess i would have to make my decision quickly.

--------- THAT NIGHT ---------

I couldn't sleep so i walked into the kitchen and made myself some coffee. I sat in silence for a while before i picked up my phone and looked at the screen. The numbers 12:32pm were on the screen. I know i was crazy for wanting to do this but i dialed Sarah's number. She picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hello?" She sounded a bit tired. I hope i didn't wake her up...

"Sarah? Are you alright?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. The kids are keeping me awake though. You didn't wake me, don't worry. What can i do for ya?" I let out a breath when i heard that i hadn't woken her. Guess i should also clear somethings up. Sarah and Stephen now have a kid.... actually make that kids. Twins. One boy and a girl. They are roughly 4 weeks old, but the most adorable things ever! Kayden and Ashley. 

"I need someone to talk too."

"About what? Are you and Tom having troubles?"

"No.... well i'm not sure. He has asked me to go to Toronto with him on Saturday."

"To go to where?"

"Toronto."

"As in Canada?"

"Yep."

"That's great! Your going right?"

"I don't know. I told him I'd let him know by Thursday if i was going to go with him or not."

"Lani! What is there to think about?"

"I don't want to feel like i'm invading or something like that.... Sarah, I don't know what to think." It was silent on the other end i had thought that she had hung up on me. "Sarah? You there?"

"Yeah, i'm here. Sorry, had to get Kayden. Listen, you love him right?"

"I do."

"Then i don't see why you shouldn't go with him. If he invited you to go and i say you grab the bull by the horns and go all out. He obviously wants you to go with him."

"But, I don't know if it is a good idea or not."

"Since when is anything ever a good idea? All it takes is one simple word."

"I know that. I really want to go with him. But i don't want to get in his way."

"Lani, you are going to go if i have to drive all the way to London and drag you by your feet onto that plane."

"Gee, thanks for giving me a choice." I say sarcastically. 

"No problem. But in all seriousness. Go with him. The worst that could happen is that you get there and spend hardly any time with him. If he has invited you, you may as well make the most of it."

"Since when were you such an expert?"

"Hello? I married an actor. That is pretty much the story of our lives. He goes somewhere, sometimes i go with him. I might not see him for a few days because he will be up before i am and then he gets home when I'm asleep."

"Guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right! Even when I'm wrong. I'm right." I smile at the reference.

"You're weird you know that?"

"Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have to go now though Lani. I'll talk to you later and i better see pics of Toronto sent from your phone or laptop. I wasn't kidding when i said i would drag you to the plane if i needed to."

"Alright! I'll go! There happy?"

"Much." I could hear her laughing on the other side. "I'll talk to you later Lani."

"Ok, bye. Say hi to Stephen for me."

"Will do. Bye." She hangs up and I am still sitting at the table with a now cold cup of coffee in my hands. I drink it - trust me when i say i don't normally, but i couldn't let it go to waste - and then head back to bed. I am going to Toronto. Toronto..... Tom.... 6 months with Tom in Toronto. I smile and turn over and hug Tom from behind, wrapping my arms around his chest. Toronto here i come....

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for the support in this story. I have another 10 chapters planned for this story and then it ends. That being said, i have made this book 1 or a series so there will be more books to come. Have yet to figure out the name of the series. Thanks once again for your support in this story and i really appreciate the comments and votes as well :) enjoy!

~Z