Chapter 7 - Keith's Diary

Three swear words, I apologise my lovely readers 😂❤️

~ Keith ~

Just another week or two, I thought as I stared out at the stars. Just another week or two before we arrive at the Blade of Marmora headquarters. Maybe then...maybe then I'll get some answers about who I really am.

I sighed before burying my face into my knees. As per usual, I just couldn't sleep so I was sitting around the Bridge room just staring off into space. Literally.

I shivered slightly. It was kind of cold and I'd left my jacket in my room. Part of me wanted to go and get it but I was just too lazy. The stress of that.

"So you can't sleep either, huh?"

I turned my head to see Lance standing behind me, still dressed, hands stuffed in his pockets.

I turned my head back, resting my chin on my knees. "Hey, Lance."

He sat down next to me with a sigh. "Watcha thinking about?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. Why are you still up?"

"Couldn't sleep. Happens a lot recently. So I come here sometimes."

Yes. I saw you. And I saw you here upset for once.

Yeah, like I'd actually say that out loud.

"You?" He said.

"Same as you I guess. Just couldn't sleep."

He laughed humourlessly. "We're a pair of insomniacs, aren't we?"

I sighed tiredly. I'd been sighing a lot lately. "Yeah, you got that right."

There was a peaceful moment of silence before Lance spoke. "Have you still been having those nightmares?"

I froze.

"N-No."

I replied a fraction too late. He knew I was lying.

Because I hadn't. They hadn't been as bad since the last time he'd come in, none of the recent ones had made me wake up screaming. But they were always there. They wouldn't go away.

"Do you wanna talk about them?"

I gave him the rudest look I could. "Why would I want to talk to you about them?"

He stared at me.

He looked genuinely hurt.

You idiot, Keith.

Why does he have to be so cute?

I looked away grumpily. "Wh-Why do you care?"

His voice was surprisingly soft. "Because I can tell they really bother you."

"No, they don't!" I snapped.

"I'm just trying to be nice for once!"

Don't.

Don't be so nice to me.

I just don't know how to react.

I don't want to feel these feelings.

They'll only hurt me sooner or later.

I suddenly shivered again. It was kinda cold in here, especially at night. Lance looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"You're cold."

"I'm fine."

He was already taking off his jacket. "Come on, put this on."