Prologue

~ Keith ~

I want to say it.

I won't ever say it.

I can't ever say it.

Would my voice ever reach? Has any of what I've done reached him? Will it ever?

Why'd I have to fall in love with someone so stupid? Why did I have to fall in love at all?

I'm just so...scared. I'm scared that if I tell him how I feel, he'll turn on me and I'll destroy everything. I want to say it but I don't want to say it. I don't want it all to stop.

I want to hold on to this feeling forever.

He'll never feel the same way I feel.

I can't risk telling him.

He'd never want me, I was a freak. I wasn't even human, I was part alien. And now that I'd fallen for him, I was a gay alien freak. He'd never see me in the same way.

My breathing becomes jagged and uneven and I break into a run, unable to stand still anymore. My mind and body are numb, I hardly even know what I'm doing. There are just too many emotions inside me and I can't process it all. That really pisses me off. He pisses me off in every single way. And yet my heart has still gone and chosen him.

I see Shiro walking down the hall. I stop running, panting heavily for breath.

He spots me and smiles. "Hi, Keith..." his voice trails off and the smile on his face disappears. "Keith, are you...crying?"

I blink at him.

I slowly raise my shaking hand to my face and feel my cheek.

Tears.

I'm crying.

All because of stupid, stupid Lance.

I let out a sob and another follows. I can't hold it in anymore.

My heart feels like it no longer belongs to me. He stole it, ripped it right out of my chest. Who would've thought that idiot would've been the one to do that?

My body begins to tremble and I drop onto my knees, gripping my chest. I can't contain this anymore. My heart really hurts. I wonder if it's breaking.

I knew I was in love with him. Had I been a fool to think that he could love me too?

You know what they say about unrequited love. It's the worst feeling ever to fall for someone and know that they won't be there to catch you.

Forever flirting, forever the player, forever the loverboy. Chasing after every single girl he sees. He'd never even noticed that I was always there, right beside him, just waiting.

Why had I let my walls down? Why had I let him in? I should've known better than to trust anyone. I should've known better than to fall for the flirt.

I wish I could've just walked away from it all. I wish I could've just walked away from every single memory of him, from all these feelings. But I couldn't. I didn't want to walk away if he wouldn't come after me. And he'd never do that.

As Shiro desperately asked me what was wrong, I managed to whisper out a few words through the pain in my chest.

"Shiro, please...please teach me how to become stronger...because without him, I'm pathetic...I'm such an idiot, Shiro...I can't...stop...loving him..."

I'm such a fool. Such a stupid, stupid idiot.

I can't stop loving Lance.

I cry and cry and cry, unable to speak anymore. I want all of this to go away, I want to move on from this.

But before we can go forward, we must go back.

We need to see how I came to fall so hard for him.

(A/N)

ITS KLANCE BABY

Welp, I just ruined that whole prologue I worked so hard on with this author's note oops

This is unrealistic af but let's be real YOU ALL ONLY CAME HERE FOR THE KLANCE HUH HA

SHOUT OUT TO MY KLANCER An1m3Fr3ak25 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

There will be no swearing because we don't do that here, we're clean on this account

There will be no smut either, only the fluffiest of fluff that I can fluff out because we're good, clean fujoshis here

Y'all good?

Wait wut am I talking about no one is going to read this but I don't care because it's adding to the Klance 😂

But if you stumbled across this, please keeping reading, I worked hard on it, it's my life's work, the amount of work I put into my college submissions will never amount to this 😂