Chapter 2 - The Ghost

~ Lance ~

"Coran!" Allura said in a scolding tone. "You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons?"

One of those filthy swap what nows?

"The last time you went, those space pirates took you for everything you had!"

I blinked. "Space pirates?"

"The Unilu were traders and pirates that roamed the galaxies and dealt in black market goods," Coran explained. "Umvy spice, by-tor water, little bottles of infinity vapor...of course, you had to bargain. No one could bargain like the Unilu. Last time, I ended up giving away three quarters of my shipment of lango in exchange for a used pogo oscillator."

He and Allura both laughed and she then smiled at him. "Father was not pleased about that."

"Well, while Coran is picking up his lenses..." I smiled charmingly and nudged her. "I'll take you shopping for something sparkly."

Coran leapt out of nowhere and shoved his face into mine. "This isn't shopping! You're not wandering around saying, 'oooh what a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming!' No! I can't allow Allura to get anywhere near those filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums."

She clasped her hands over her heart, eyes shining hopefully. "But I'd love something sparkly." She flashed him a bright, wide smile and he sighed.

"Look, you're the only one who can operate the castle, you need to be resting after all you've been through. Anyway, we'll leave in a few days time and when we do, we'll get in, find the scaultrite lenses and just get out. Is that clear?"

"We should be fine so long as Lance doesn't start making a scene," Keith muttered under his breath.

He'd been acting all snarky since last night and I was starting to get really sick of it.

I got all up in his face. "I won't make a scene, you're the hot head so you should worry about making a scene!"

"Says the boy who starts prancing around like an idiot during battle."

"I only did that once and that was because you needed a distraction!"

"I meant throw something or shoot at them, not start dancing!"

"How was I supposed to know that?!"

"How were you not supposed to know that?! How stupid can you be?!"

"Says you, dropout!"

"Oh, you really wanna go there?!"

"You gave me really unclear instructions!"

"No, you're just-"

"That's enough!"

Allura was standing there, arms folded, with a disappointed (SPACE MOM) look.

"I cannot take you two arguing anymore. Every single day, you two bicker and bicker and bicker. It's ridiculous!"

I pointed at Keith. "It's not my fault, emo boy over here always starts it!"

"Oh, excuse me?!"

"Both of you, stop!"

We both jumped to see Allura towering over us with the eyes of death. I gulped. She looked really scary at that moment.

"She does have a point," Shiro said in an even tone, walking over. "You two have got to stop this. It's getting harder and harder to fight with you two non-stop yelling at each other."

"It's because Keith always assumes that he's the smartest in the room," I muttered under my breath.

"Watch it, soon that attitude could be your doom," Keith muttered back.