Chapter 3 - What Lance Did

~ Lance ~

It was hard to run through the dark hallways. I kept banging into walls but there was no time to carefully work out where I was running to. Keith couldn't hold of that creepy little ghost child forever. And if she possessed him and he died, he'd come back to haunt me and I'd have to deal with two ghosts for the rest of my life. Which I didn't really want.

I bashed into another wall. "Ouch, ouch, ouch..."

I squinted, trying to recognise where I was. Hold up...the bridge was here. Just down a bit and hallelujah, I'd be reunited with the others.

I walked down, feeling around for the entrance. Got it. Thank the lord, praise him, amen.

I began banging on it frantically. "Hey! You guys still in there?! Hello?!"

No reply.

I pressed my ear against the door. Nothing.

Holy crap, had the ghost gotten them already?

Hunk...Pidge...Shiro...Allura...Coran...

No, no, no, no.

Hunk was too pure, Pidge was a frickin super hacker, Shiro had survived a year trapped on an alien ship, Allura was a freaking princess and people like Coran just don't die. It'd take a lot more than a ghost to kill those five.

I hoped.

~ Keith ~

I ran out of the room, down the hallway as fast as I could. This was all getting a bit out of hand.

Every time I took my eyes off her and she disappeared, she'd reappear with a new weapon. She'd gone from scissors to a dagger to a hammer since Lance had left. She wasn't saying anything except those same words over and over: "play with me".

No offence but no. I will not.

I bashed into something.

"Oof!"

"Ow!"

"Keith?"

"Lance?"

"Where's the ghost?!"

"Where are the others?!"

"Um, bit of a problem...I can't find them."

"You can't what?!"

"I can't find them! Keith, what's going on?!"

"How should I know?!"

"Where's the ghost?! Did you seriously run away?!"

"Don't blame me, you had the easier job!" I inhaled shakily, trying to calm myself. "Look, arguing like this isn't going to get us anywhere. We need some kind of a plan."

"Okay, fine," he sighed. "Any ideas?"

"How about we both get to our lions and-"

"No! Don't you know the first rule of horror movies?! Never split up!"

"Okay, fine, Red is faster so we'll-"

"Why won't you play with me?"

We both jumped and I gripped Lance's hand. The little girl was walking down the hall towards us, her creep ghostly aura lighting up the hall. She was now holding a large carving knife.

"Keith. Lance. Come play with me."

"Come on, to the lions, quick!"

Lance began running and I followed him. "R-Right!"