Chapter 6 - The Space Mall

Okay, I know my updating schedule is a mess and I know I need to start sticking to it but Monday doesn't really work and it takes me 30 minutes at the least to post a chapter and I had no school today so yeah here yis go 😂

~ Keith ~

Why does sleep hate me?

I want it so badly but it refuses to be mine. The pains and aches of unrequited love are unbearable.

I rolled over onto my side. It didn't help.

I rolled over onto my other side. No.

I lay on my back and let my head sink into the pillow. No.

I tried rearranging my blanket and lay back down. Yes?

No.

This wasn't working. I couldn't get comfy.

I heaved a groan and rubbed my tired eyes. They were aching but I just couldn't sleep. It's not like it mattered if I'd fall asleep or not. Whenever I did these days, I'd just have nightmares. Sometimes they were so bad that I'd wake up screaming and sometimes they weren't even that scary but they were always there. What I'd give for a peaceful night's rest.

I gave up on hoping that if I kept my eyes closed for long enough I'd nod off and sat up to pull my shoes on. Maybe if I walked around the castle for a bit, it'd wear me out. It was worth a shot anyway. Nothing else was working.

So, I began to stroll around the castle, hoping it'd help. My body and brain were sleepy but they just wouldn't shut down. Why was that? I wasn't even thinking about anything. Would thinking exhaust my brain? What if I tried counting in my head while singing Crawling in my head? And maybe throw in some tongue twisters? No, my brain was too tired to think that much. I was actually so tired that I was debating hitting myself so hard that I'd go into a coma and possibly be hospitalised all for a few months sleep.

Wait...if I hit myself and it hurts, am I just incredibly strong or incredibly weak?

...

Holy hell...

Oh my god...

What was the answer to that? Oh my god, oh my god...

I punched myself in the face in an experiment. It hurt. But I'd given myself a hard punch. So I was strong?

I gently punched myself. It didn't hurt. Hmm.

What if I hit my head against the wall, around as hard as I'd punched myself? And see which one hurt more? That sounded like a good idea.

I bashed my head against the wall and then clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from yelling out in pain, immediately regretting my decision. Ow, ow, ow...why had I thought that was a good idea?

I stumbled past the Bridge room, my head throbbing when I suddenly caught sight of someone sitting inside.

Lance.

Sitting cross on the floor, his headphones on and staring out at the window.

I frowned. It was the middle of the night, what was he doing up here so late? And why was he fully dressed?

I took a step forwards to ask him what was going on before I saw something that made me stop completely.

Lance sighed and hugged his knees to him chest, burying his face into them. "I'm okay..." he said softly. "I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay..."

I didn't like this. I let those words ring in my brain again.

"I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay..."