8

Tom turned and realized how hard Tord was blushing. He found this hilarious and started to crack up.

"What's so funny," Tord asked indignantly.

Tom snorted, "You."

If it was possible to go redder, Tord did. 'What the fuck. Why am I blushing so much.' He was very confused about his feelings for Tom.

Pat and Paul exchanged glances. Their theory from earlier in the day might turn out to be correct after all.

The rest of the cabin went back to their regular nonsensical chatter and Pink went back to talking about her and Tom's friendship.

"So anyways, he ditched me and I found him making out with Noah behind the sports shed," Pink continued to Tord.

Tord looked to Tom in confusion.

"He's the one I call Black. I have a thing for calling people colors," Tom explained, knowing what Tord's look was asking.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. What's your actual name, Pink?" Tord asked.

"Skarlett. I know it's kind of contradictory to Pink but I like it," Pink said.

"It's nice," Tord faced Tom, "So if you like calling people colors then what's my nickname?"

"Red," Tom answered easily.

Tord scowled a bit. Red was the color of blood, of warfare, of anger. But it was also the color of love, passion, roses, so Tord could forgive Tom for the nickname.

-TIMESKIPPPPP- (also pink went back to the girls camp but whatever)

After a strange dinner that consisted of over salted green beans and moldy lasagna, the all campers had to unpack their belongings into the cabin.

Tom set foot in the old cabin first, being the braver of the two counselors. He took a look around, taking in the cobwebs, the scratches and stains on the floor, the strong smell of mildew. Yes, this cabin was in need of some work.

The campers pushed past Tom, who was blocking the doorway,  and ran to the bunks to claim their beds for the summer. Pat chose the top bunk so Paul chose the bottom bunk to be near his newfound best friend. Edd and Matt both chose the bottom bunks right next to each other so they could talk in the middle of the night. Lastly Oscar and the Satan kid, who's name was Levi, chose the bunks on top of Edd and Matt's.

Tom and Tord chuckled at the sight of the boys making themselves feel at home right away. Tord's feelings about Tom unraveled then, like a knotted up ball of string. 

He.... he had a crush. But no. That was impossible. Tord liked girls, right? Pink was attractive, right? But not as much as Tom...

He sighed to himself. 'Shit' he thought in remorse. Why can't life just give him a break.

Tom looked to Tord, concerned.

Just then, Tord did something that surprised the both of them. He grabbed Tom's hand and started to take him somewhere.

"What about the kids," Tom voiced his worry, still unsure of what was happening.

"They won't notice, it'll be fine," Tord reassured him.

"If you say so..."

"I do."

Tord then took Tom to the edge of the lake. The sun just peeking out from over the horizon, casting hazy rainbow glow over the sky and water. The boys sat down right where the water met sand and looked on in silent awe.

"This is so beautiful..." Tom breathed.

A smile tugged at the edges of Tord's mouth, "Just like you."

Tom turned to Tord, now he was very confused about his co-counselor.

"I don't think we got off to a very good start. My name's Tord and you'll be stuck with me for the rest of the summer," the horned boy purred. He then leaned in for a kiss. 

Tom's heart stopped and then started hammering against his rib cage so hard that he was sure Tord could hear it. Tom leaned into Tord, accepting the kiss.

The boys held each other close, enjoying the moment. Until Tom snapped out of it. He broke away, panting.

"I'm sorry, Tord. I truly am. But I don't want things to be awkward and we still have to look over six kids together. Hell, we don't even know each other! I can't do this. Maybe a different place, time, I don't know," Tom sad, small tears dripping down his face.

Tord felt like an idiot. Of course. He was never good enough for anyone.

"I understand," Tord said, nodding slowly.

Tom got up and walked away to go back to the cabin while Tord stayed and looked on at the sunset, silent tears of his own running down his face.

But they weren't alone. Edd noticed the absence of their counselors first and alerted the rest. They arranged a small group to follow the two older boys and see what they were doing. The group consisted of Matt, Levi, and and Pat.

The boys traveled together, following their counselors. They watched as they sat down at the lake, observed the shared kiss, looked on as Tom stood up and left, only hearing little snippets of what he said.

Confused and worried they ran back to their cabin, to make it look like nothing suspicious happened.

---------------------------------------------------------

howd ya like that long ass update? youll maybe probably get another one tomorrow so be on the lookout. also i was wrong in my last update, steampunk au and band au are tied for best