7

Suddenly someone came up behind Tom and put their hands on his shoulders.

"AAAUGH WHAT THE HELL!" Tom shouted before it was too late. All the campers and counselors within a hearing distance turned their heads toward the cabin circle. Tom blushed a deep red, very embarrassed.

He looked up to find a counselor from the girl's camp across the lake. She was barely taller than Tom when he was sitting, and had rich, brown eyes that complimented her sandy blonde hair.

"Oh, Pink, it's just you," Tom said, using his nickname for the girl.

"Yep!," the pink-cheeked girl said, giggling. Honestly, Tom would have had a thing for her if he wasn't gay.

Tord turned to the girl who had so rudely shattered the peace. "Um... how do you two know each other," he questioned with his thick Norwegian accent.

"That's a long story," Tom said, glancing at Pink.

Tord looked at his watch, "We've got time," he confirmed.

"Fine," Tom huffed, "We met both our first years at camp."
"Tom was reeealy ugly then. He had these massive braces and greasy hair an-" Pink was cut off by Tom giving her a death glare that would petrify anyone else.

Meanwhile, the kids were cracking up at their counselor being exposed. Tord, on the other hand, was getting very jealous of this "Pink" girl. Who was she to just interrupt the moment. Who did she think she was, barging in and stealing Tom's attention like that?

Oh no. Was Tord jealous of Pink? Over Tom? His idiot co-counselor? Impossible.

"Anyways," Tom continued, "Pink was not the prettiest herself. Remember when you wore those cat sweaters every day?" he asked, a playful grin tugging at his mouth.

Pink quickly stopped laughing and her cheeks flushed bright pink. Tom had to chuckle a little, seeing his friend's whole demeanor change because of a little question.

He continued, "Just messing with you. Anyway, we became fast friends because we had a lot of similar interests like SKA music, anime, and living. The camp dance, where the two camps merge together to have a dance, was coming up soon and we decided to go together."

Tord braced himself. For what? He didn't know.

The girl interrupted, "And that's how Tom found out he liked boys!"

The cabin stopped chattering and looked toward their now out counselor with a mix of expressions. They varied from shock, to excitement, to confusion, to boredom.

Tord's face was the most priceless of all, though. His had turned redder than the hoodie around his waist and his eyes, bigger than the lake. 

"Um. Well it's not not true," Tom said, very embarrassed.

Tord's hate melted away. He did that sometimes. Just turn his anger on and off.

----------------------------------------------

hey yall just wanted to say..... steampunk au is the best and thanks for reading