Chapter 30

{ Peter Parker }

| Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Head Base |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 2.23 P.M. |

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, running headfirst towards an armed archer with a loaded bow who is known for not missing a single target, but in the heat of the moment it was my only plan. Clint didn't release his arrow, yet, he followed my every move with his eyes locked on my chest.

Did I tell you how much I love the Murphy's law? The thing I adore about it is that the law makes sense. No weird math rules that say that you can switch numbers or an exact order in which you have to decipher an formula. My favourite rule is that if your enemy is in range then so are you, which applies to the situation that I'm in right now.

Clint released the tension on his bow and that, ladies and gentleman was his first mistake. I shot my web at the arrow and slung it right back at him. I didn't had an intention to hit him with his own arrow as it flew aimlessly passed his head. Clint's second mistake was to not reload the bow, but go in an defensive stand, waiting for me to attack. He had a better shot at defeating him with bow and arrow.

I now had a bigger chance in the fight. I kept zig-zagging even though Clint's bow hung at his side. I stayed unpredictable that way. The last mistake was that threw the bow forwards, completely disarming himself. It would come to hand-to-hand combat and I knew that I had the upper hand.

I came in range, but Steve apparently did so to. Strong arms death hugged me as I was pulled to the ground. I landed on my chest with Steve's weight on my back, making me unable to get back up. His hands were wrapped around my wrists, successfully blocking my webshooters. My legs, however, were still free.

It took a lot of energy out of me, since most was already drained by Black Widow and her electric stunt, but I slowly got to my knees with Captain America still on my back. I practically gave him a piggyback ride, but in this case the pig was wild and strong, but the rider was even stronger.

I shoved Cap forwards, making him sit at my shoulder blades. I supported on my underarms. I could now move my feet and legs. I lifted my legs of the ground, getting in a handstand while leaning on my arms. Cap fell from my shoulders to the ground as I finished my handstand. I landed right on top of him as I was now the rider and he the pig.

Yet, I didn't came here for a piggy ride. The flashdrive the was stuck in the computer from the Galaga-Guy was my goal, my target and my mission. Nothing was more important than getting that information to Hydra.

I flipped of Steve and thought it was time to leave. The fight didn't had to end or even start so there was no point in fighting if I could flee with everything I need. If everything that I had to get was so close. Close enough that if I tried to reach it I could touch it and get grip on it so I could take it in my hand and fly far away.

Why wouldn't I do it?

What was holding me back? What stopped me from doing the one thing that I was made to do? How was this any different from Detroit? Did The Winter Soldier felt this doubt to on his earlier missions?

Snap out of it Araneo. No time to think about that at this moment.

Someone helped me snap out of it. A fist collided with my stomach, making me double over only to be followed by another fist. I took a step backwards as I softly groaned in pain. Man, Steve could punch hard if he wanted to.

I again took a step backwards. I wasn't in range anymore by doing this and now had the chance to search. If I could keep my distance from Steve and didn't get hit by Hawkeye's arrows then I should be fine.

For now.