Chapter 4

{ Tony Stark }

| Location: Midtown High |

| Time: 11.23 A.M.  |

| Date: 9-21-2018 |

"What do you mean it is gone?! IT'S A GRENADE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! Get back in there and search for it!" His commander yelled.

"Yes sir."

I looked at the school and the reporters all around it.

"Jarvis scan the building. I want a full map and everything the cameras have seen." I said. My heart was beating in my chest, going faster and faster. If Peter wasn't outside then he must be in there somewhere. He knows how to handle bombs, but he would have let the military know where he was so they could help.

"Sir, everything is ready, but there wasn't any footage of the classrooms, only from the hallways." Jarvis stated to me.

"Thanks."

Steve was still checking for Peter in the crowd of students. I called him so we could watch the footage together. I took my phone out of my pocket so I could see in which classroom Peter was when it happened.

Steve sprinted towards me and I played the footage.

It was quiet in the hallways. Every student was probably in their classrooms or they skipped it. It was like that for another 10 minutes while I switched trough different points of views, trying to get a holt of the class where Peter was. I finally found it. It was close near the stairs that lead to the floor below them. I kept watching for anything strange, until I saw that the emergency was ringing. The door of the classroom opened and one by one every student came out.

Except Peter.

The teacher came out and ran downstairs, but no Peter came out. I played the footage backwards so I could check if I didn't miss him, but only to no avail. He never came out. I paused the video and almost turned it off, but then I saw a small fog cloud coming from under the door. It disappeared as soon as it came.

"Did you see that! Honey, Peter never came out. He must have done something to dismantle it, but why hasn't he come out. I have to search for myself." Before Steve could reply, I ran off. I sprinted towards the lint that kept out civilians and ducked under it.

"Sir you have to step behind the line please. This is dangerous and not for inexperienced people." He spoke while he stood in front of me. He was a tall and looked strong.

"Well, then am I lucky that I am experienced. Now get out of my way please." I sassed at him.

"Honey come with me!" I yelled to my husband.

We both entered the school and walked upstairs to the classroom where Peter would have been. I opened the door for Steve and I walked in after him. The room was a mess. The window was broken and glass was scattered on the floor. Tables and seats were laying on the floor, but what stood out was the giant mark on the floor. It looked like Thor's hammer fell on it lightly. There were several other spots like that on the floor.

The military was right, it's gone. Just like my baby boy.

0xXx0

Steve and I arrived back at the tower. Clint and Natasha looked at the screen. The news could be seen and when Steve closed the door behind me they looked at us. They both had tears in their eyes, but none where spilled. They didn't know about Peter missing.

"Did you hear it?" Clint asked us.

"Yes we d-did. S-s-so we checked it out, making s-sure that Peter was okay, but only to find out that h-he was missing just like the grenade." Steve stuttered behind me. He broke down in my arms and I let him cry on my shoulder.

"I'm going to find out what happened to my baby boy, so if any of you want to help, then you could always say it to me." I took Steve with me, but stopped as I went passed Peter's bedroom. I told the soldier to go to the lab and that I would follow soon after.

I walked inside his room. His bed was a mess. The sheets almost fell on the floor, because they were thrown off. An old computer stood on his desk with a few screws beside it. Book were scattered all over the room. I saw school books, but also notebooks and normal books. The normal books showed studies about gamma radiation and I saw the author of the book. Bruce Banner. A smile flashed on my face as I could see how he normally would read it when I checked on him.

I stepped outside the room so I could walk towards a waiting Steve in one of the research labs of Bruce and me. And to my surprise was Bruce also in the room, hugging Steve.

Bruce was one of Peter's favourite uncles and they always talked about something if they saw each other. I broke the ice by saying.

"Let's start shall we."