Chapter 27

{ Tony Stark }

| Location: Test Lab |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 1.13 P.M. |

"How in the weird world of science did you make those web thingies? Which chemicals did you use? Are they reinforced with any kind of metal so that they can hold such an amount of force?" My curiosity heavily spiked when Peter used the webs in the virtual world and I was desperate to find out what he used so we could use it too.

"I don't exactly know what I did, but it worked I guess." Peter answered with uncertainty in his voice. He definitely didn't lie. That couldn't be possible.

"We could look back at the footage, see what you used." I proposed. Peter's eyes flashed with an emotion. It came and disappeared so I couldn't see what kind flashed by. Peter completely ignored my offer and turned to Bruce.

"Bruce, could I maybe go to the lab? You promised that I could hang out there for a bit." Some sweet puppy Peter eyes locked with Bruce's eyes.

"Of course Pete, go ahead. You know where the lab is right?"

"Yeah, I know." Peter said as he sped through the door.

I turned to Bruce.

"Let's go to the computers, shall we?"

"We shall."

We walked towards the spots that we sat in for a pretty long time. I could see some beautiful ass marks on our seats and I proudly smiled.

Bruce stood over the main device and I watched over his shoulder. Bruce went passed different scenes and slowed down when the familiar warehouse was shown on the screen. 

Peter walked in and was about to open up a box when the screen froze. I shove Bruce aside, not too hard of course, and replayed the scene back to earlier. We saw the same thing before the screen froze again.

"I thought we bought the best equipment so how could this happen?" I asked Bruce.

"Tony not everything you make is the best and since this is a prototype, it would be logical that there would occur some glitches."

"We both know that everything that I make is the best. No cookies for lying boys." I mocked.

"I would smash the cookies out of your hands and probably break your hands while doing it." Bruce said followed by a the sound of laughter.

"You probably would. Can you find out why it freezes at that spot? I want to check up on Peter."

"Tony, you need to give the boy some space. He won't disappear to dust in three seconds you know."

I ignored him and pushed the door open. I stepped in the hallway and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I opened it and checked the security cameras. Clint was about to shoot a M&M at Natasha when Cap walked in between them and the M&M hit Cap's shield. Always on time to safe someone.

The other rooms were empty or they people in it were boring, but then there was the lab Peter was supposed to be in. The screen only showed black. I tried from multiple angles, yet I didn't get any visual.

Slight panic clouded my decisions and I called my suit. I ran down the hallway towards the double doors as more pieces of the suit strapped themselves on my body until my whole skin was covered in my tech.

I kicked the doors open and looked around the room. Things were covering the camera lenses, but nothing in the room itself was out of the ordinary. There also weren't any signs of struggle or a fight. Maybe an mercenary took Peter out before he could react or he left for the bathroom and then got taken away.

"Jarvis, scan the building. Where is Peter? Also inform Steve of the situation." I commanded Jarvis. I impatiently waited for Jarvis to complete the scan so I knew where I should be heading to.

Steve quickly stood next to me, waiting for results. I knew that Steve was a supersoldier, but are they always so fast? It felt like he teleported. You see me in the kitchen? No you don't, I'm standing next to Tony. Weird, but I guess useful.

"Sir, Peter is located in the weapon department under this building. He is about to take the elevator to this floor. He is now positioned on floor -13. I should also tell you that he is armed." Jarvis responded after a while.

"Armed? As in guns and weapons?"

"Yes sir."

"And you said that he was heading up to this floor?"

"Yes sir. That is exactly what I said."

"Steve we should wait for him here. Get Natasha here for back-up and let Bruce know about the situation." Steve nodded and turned away to call Natasha and Bruce. Why was Pete down there?

 Why was Pete down there?