20: Her Choice

**if you notice any mistakes, please point them out.**

Lilly felt like a small, little thing under everybody's excruciating gaze. By everybody, she means all the men: Marcelle, Tanner, Logan, and especially Val who was sitting right next to her holding her hand as the doctor examined her.

Her cold stare glared at his hand touching her's.

"Mr Marrow tells me you have forgotten your memories. Is this correct, Mrs Marrow?" the middle-aged doctor asked Lilly.

Lilly stared at him blankly, making the doctor furrow his eyebrows. "No. I remember everything. I was hit by a car, right?" her voice was clear but so faint; it didn't carry any emotion whatsoever.

The doctor smiled in relief and so did everybody else in the room. Val gently squeezed her hand and rubbed circles with his thumb on her hand.

"Yes, very good indeed," the doctor said then proceed to ask her more questions while he examined her. He learned, as Lilly answered every question perfectly in a monotone voice, that her mental health was perfectly fine. That's what he told her husband. "But I'm afraid her body, since she hasn't moved for over nearly a year is not as it used to be. Quite fragile actually. So I advise that she takes it easy. However, considering her injuries, they have fully healed over time so you shouldn't worry about anything. However, if you do feel any sort of pain, call me immediately."

Val nodded and instructed a servant to escort the doctor out. He turned his gaze towards Lilly to evaluate her. The entire time she was very...unusual. Her eyes didn't have the glimmer of happiness like they used to and her responses were as vague as they could be.

Noticing someone staring at her, Lilly turned her head to look at Val. "How are you holding up, flower?" he asked his beauty when all the men sent their wishes and left to do work.

He couldn't even believe that she actually woke up. He didn't think she realized how much he needed her. A nanny isn't the same as the love of a mother, and not to mention that he couldn't wait to hold and kiss her everyday.

"My head hurts," she said simply, "and I missed a year of my daughter's life so not so good."

After hearing her, Val couldn't help but notice a cold tone from her. He frowned and said, "it'll get better, flower, I promise. At least you're alive, right?"

She didn't respond but instead turned her face away to look at the window.

Val's frowned deepened. Was she mad at him? How? She just woke up after all.

"Lilly, why are you giving me the cold shoulder? Did I do something? You can tell me, flower, and I'll fix it," he said ever so gently. He felt if he raised his voice even slightly to his fragile wife she'd fly away and leave him again.

Her cold gaze fell back on him while sitting up on the bed. "You shouldn't call me that anymore. Flower. I'm not going to be your wife anymore remember?" she said faintly.

He was going to retort back confusingly when he remembered his last words to her. "No. No absolut,ely not. How could I when this was all my fault?" He then held her face lovingly. "For fucks sake, Lilly, I love you. I can't even breathe if you aren't with me."

Lilly glared at him. "You don't love me," she said and harshly pushed his hands away from her face, "if you really couldn't breathe without me, then you wouldn't have brought divorce into the situation. If you really loved me, then you wouldn't have thought about abandoning me and taking my child away from me. And let's not forget how you left me alone and pregnant for 9 months. And I leave to clear my head for only a couple weeks and you want to divorce me?"