6: Bodyguard

**if you notice any mistakes, please point the out.**

^ (Fiona's nursery) ^

He doesn't deserve to know anything about her. Even if he's her husband. If you can even call him that. He never came home and she knows why now: he was probably screwing his assistant or any other woman who had a pulse.

"Lilly, answer me!" Val shouted. He hated secrets. Secrets were not allowed in his life. Especially in the dangerous line of work he's in. Secrets meant he couldn't trust the person. Ironically, Val valued trust and loyalty, even though he has never been loyal to his wife.

Val instantly regretted raising his voice because Fiona started to cry in Lilly's arms at the sudden yelling in the confined room. Lilly began rocking and cooing Fiona to calm her down. Val looked at the new mother and daughter's little loving moment they were having. So, he decided to leave them for some privacy.

He took in a deep breathe. "I'm going to the front office to check you out of the hospital." Lilly merely gave him a nod, not taking her eyes off of Fiona as she started to calm down.

At the same time as Val left the room, Dr Hastings did too.

"It's just you and me now, baby," Lilly said to her daughter.

She wondered if her mother felt like this too when she had her in her arms. Her grandmother and Willow's mother, Jane, told her that before her mother died, she got to hold her. Jane assured Lilly her mother loved her dearly. Every time Lilly saw Fiona she wished more than anything that her mother was here for this special moment.

So she could guide Lilly through motherhood. Not Leslie though. Lilly never accepted Leslie as her mother and Leslie never excepted her as her daughter.

Lilly gathered all her strength so she could get up to put Fiona on the cart and get dressed.

She found a little black bag with shampoo, a brush, and a white, long-sleeved shirt with black pants.

Lilly entered the bathroom and took a quick shower. Afterwards, she changed out of the hospital gown.

A knock made Lilly stop rocking Fiona in her arms and focus her attention on the door.

If Val wanted to come in, he wouldn't have knocked. So who could it be? she thought.

Without being invited in, Tyler opened the door and got in the room.

"How is she?" he asked looking at Fiona.

Lilly hadn't seen her family in a couple of months now (except the few dinners she's had with them and Val early on in their marriage.)

"I'm surprised you care," she snapped.

Tyler narrowed his eyes at his daughter's newfound boldness, but he brushed it off.

"Of course, I care. She is my first grandchild after all."

Tyler held his hands out gesturing for her to give Fiona to him. Lilly hesitated but knew he'd never hurt Fiona since she, for now, is the only heir to his business.

"She looks a lot like you," he said as Fiona cuddled in his arms. "What's her name?"

"Fiona," she said simply. His eyes instantly landed on Lilly's. "After your aunt?"

Lilly liked his younger sister and her aunt, Fiona. A year ago, she died due to cancer. Lilly was heartbroken and so was her father. That day at the funeral, she finally saw a softer and sadder side other than the mean, closed off one of her father. When Lilly found out her child was a girl, she instantly wanted to name her after her dear aunt.