19: Withering Away

**if you notice any mistakes, please point them out.**

Tanner's discomfort showed on his face as he watched Val lightly touch the man with the stick that's been dipped in a bucket that contains extremely hot fire. Even with the lightest touch, it would cause the most excruciating pain. The man's glass-shattering screams was evidence of that. At first he was begging for mercy for the things he's done wrong, but after only five minutes of the torture session, the man's brain didn't even know how to produce words.

"You piece of shit," Val spat out and kneeled down in front of the man. He continued to preform inhumane acts towards the man. Finally, without hesitation, Val struck the stick through the man's heart — killing him immediately.

Tanner didn't even remember what the man did. He only remembered his name because Val mockingly said his name: Don Jackson, a mayor of some town.

Val's been on a brutal killing spree; killing every man that did him wrong. Even if it was from decades ago, he'd send men to take them away from their home, family, job and eradicate them from existence. It was to satisfy his thirst for revenge at the universe — for taking away the woman who made him sleep peacefully while she was in his arms, who kissed him and touched him as if being with anyone else was absolutely ridiculous, the woman who he loved.

Now she was lying in a bed with the decree from hundreds of different doctors that she will never wake up from her coma. They've all told him that it was best to just give her a serum that would peacefully "let her go." But he refuses to kill her. She was his woman, his wife, his only reason for breathing.

Now because of being without her for so long, he's been seen doing only three things: his job (aka killing every piece of scum), taking care of his wife in the room where she rests, or with his precious daughter, the only living thing his wife left for him.

After he instructed Tanner to dispose of the body, he left the basement; the second he entered his office he heard the door open.

"Daddy," Fiona called out desperately in her tiny voice. Val looked over at his adorable one and half-year-old wearing her favorite Winnie the Poo shirt and diapers.

He smiled at his little precious star. Even though Lilly was in a coma for a year, thus missed out on their daughter's most crucial growing period, he made sure Fiona never forgot who her mother is. At least three times a day Val would take Fiona to Lilly's room and tell her how her mother is the best and most kind-hearted person he ever met.

"Yes, princess?" he asked. He watched as she ran with her small chubby legs and reached out her arms towards him indicating that she wanted him to pick her up, in which he complied.

"No bath. Pwease, Daddy," she begged with eyes full of tears and a miserable pout.

He didn't get to answer before he heard heavy stomping open the door; there appeared Theresa Jayne, Fiona's nurse-maid, or as Fiona likes to call her, TJ for short.

Theresa Jayne let out an exhausted sigh. "You are truly a naughty little girl, running away like that just because of a bath," Theresa Jayne scolded, "now come on or the water is going to get cold."

Fiona let out a little gasp and looked at TJ then her daddy. "I want Mommy."

Val smirked and looked at his clever little girl. Using the excuse to see her mother so she could escape a bath. Only his daughter would be smart enough at only one and a half.