8: Nanny Piper

**if you notice any mistakes, please point them out.**

— 7 Months Later

After dinner and Lilly's confession, Val seemed a lot more relaxed around the house. He started actually living in their house and the greatest part for Lilly was that Val was an amazing father.

He spent every moment he could get with Fiona when he was around the house. You couldn't say the same about Lilly, but she didn't mind. She actually preferred it that Val didn't pay attention to her. But when he sometimes did, he would send her unloving glares or hateful words. Of course because he quite despised her after her divorce declaration. She didn't want want to be in his presence as much as him.

Sadly, that only lasted for 2 weeks. She was informed by him that he had to leave for France on a business trip for a few months. Lilly wasn't as disappointed as her daughter was. After he left, their baby certainly noticed that her doting, spoiling father wasn't ticking her or playing dolls with her anymore. She cried, which she usually doesn't since she was a quiet baby, so much over the months.

Another thing she was informed of was that Val had hired a nanny to help her out with Fiona. At first, Lilly was certain she didn't need one, but with Fiona's rebellious acts, it proved that she, after all, did need one.

Piper was her name, she was Val's 20-year-old cousin who was learning responsibility by taking care of their baby.

At first, Lilly was reluctant on letting such a young girl look after Fiona, but after getting to know her, she came off as super nice and caring. They even became friends since there was only a 2 year age difference.

"Fiona stop splashing me!" Lilly playfully scolded her daughter for the millionth time. They were both in the pool outside of the house. Swimming was one of the things that Lilly found out Fiona enjoyed other than playing dollhouse or tea party or painting.

So since it was nice outside - not too cold or too hot - Lilly thought it'd be a nice activity they could do. Fiona was in a duck floaty with her legs sticking out from the bottom and Lilly was in a black bikini.

Currently, Fiona would not stop splashing her mother with her small chubby hands. Lilly adored these little moments with her daughter. Everyday Fiona proved to look more and more like Lilly and even Val. She had his perfectly shaped nose and rosy lips (not that she sometimes stares at him and his godlike features. Definitely not.)

"Okay, I think that's enough time in the water, Fi," she said sternly and tried not give into the puppy eyes and pout Fiona gave her.

"Sorry, Fi, but you know what? Mommy made some lemon cookies for you," and with the word cookies, Fiona started smiling again, which brought Lilly joy. Lilly pushed herself out of the water and sat on the rim of the pool. She then pulled Fiona out of the floaty and on her lap.

All of a sudden, she heard footsteps coming towards them. Lilly knew it couldn't have been Piper because she went out for lunch with her friends and Lidia informed Lilly she was getting groceries from the supermarket nearby 5 minutes ago, which would take 20 minutes tops. So the only person it could be was...

"Princess!" he yelled from behind walking towards his wife and snatching his daughter out of her lap.

Lilly watched Val reunite with his daughter as she shielded her half-naked body from the cold with her black, silky robe that reached till her knee.