Chapter 14: Mother

I survived my first day, I thought to myself. It finally came to an end. I made my way out of the building and rushed to the parking area. I started up my bike racer and headed home.

It was another beautiful night on New Earth and I was able to relish in the environment and atmosphere unlike I never could before. Cruising at 180 mph, high in the clouds, seeing the birds and watching the stars come out. Their sparkle shinning off of the ocean floor.

I use to hear about the amazing view of Paradise Circle and Azalia Town but experiencing it like this was something I could only dream of. The only thing missing now was Sarah but I had to stop thinking of her in this manner because now she was occupied with Josh. A wave of different emotions ran through me at this time then I received an unexpected call;

Natasha: "Hi Atticus, how are you?"
Atticus: "Oh hi Natasha, I'm good long day. Sorry I didn't get chance to talk to you after leaving so abruptly today. How are you?"
Natasha: "It's quite fine, I was just worried about you after seeing the news and reading the headlines all over the internet"

I hadn't forgotten about Natasha or what we shared, I just didn't have time to address what had developed. It was refreshing to know that I was still on her mind and that she cared.

Atticus: "That's really sweet and sorry for making you worry, maybe I can make it up to you tomorrow."
Natasha: "It's okay, you don't have to if you really don't want to!"

Although with Natasha I was stepping out of my comfort zone, I never felt forced, I was actually more confident and free with her than I ever had been.

Atticus: [Laughing] "Of course I want to, I would like to show you some of my new favorite spots actually"
Natasha: "Well that's nice, tomorrow it is, once you are not too busy as champion that is"

We both laughed and hung up the communication caller. I was home now, I used the last remaining bit of my energy to take off my gear and laid across the bed.

I closed my eyes and saw an instant replay of the day, battling in The Pitts, addressing the leaders, seeing Sarah and now thinking about Natasha.

Then I started thinking about the one woman I could not see. My mother. How loving, nurturing and caring she was. A beautiful person both inside and out, how elegant she was. I missed her like no other. I wish there was someway I could connect with her again. To know if she was proud of me, if she was disappointed of me or scared for me.
          Despite all her efforts to keep me in my books, and warned me to stay away from the suits... I still found my way as The Golden Suit.

Then as if hearing my heart crying out, my mom came to me. I knew it was not real because I had grown accustom now to these occurrences. I smiled and reached out to her with an outstretched hand. My mother did the same and we were only finger tips away.

I could see her brown mocha chocolate skin glowing, which was only second to her smile. Her hair was blowing in the wind and so was her white gown.

Atticus: "I miss you so much mom"
Mom: "I miss you too Ax"
Atticus: "I feel so alone, it isn't fair"
Mom: "I know son, but I am always here with you."
Atticus: "Where is dad?"
Mom: "He's in his lab son, follow me:"

This was not like the other dreams I had. I was there in attendance, watching my younger self. There was a mist about, an airy white fog. I saw my eleven year old self, happily skipping along holding my mother's hand as I entered my father's lab.
Was this a memory, was this just a manifestation of my subconscious missing my parents?Anyways I was enjoying the moment, this was the first time I saw my mother so happy full of glee, since the accident. The accident in Dr. Omauze's lab that took my fathers life.