Chapter 5: Transformation

I was now alone for the first time in days; finally, I had a minute to take this experience all in. I closed the sliding doors to my complex behind me and stood in the hall way. The hallway ran straight to the back of the complex dividing the room in half. As I walked down the hallway I outstretched both of my arms horizontally and my fingertips was barely brushing the walls.
The first room I came to on the left was the Dinning quarters. There was a nice oval shaped transparent table, with black metallic legs and four matching chairs. Above were cabinets that ran across the side of the room, and lead to the fully stocked Econ Refrigerator. Econ was the leading brand in advanced technology.

I took out some fruit; I haven't had fruit in years. On new earth, it was so rare to even find apples and bananas; things that I heard were in abundance on Old Earth. As I bit into the red luscious apple I entered the Living quarters.
There again was an Econ Holographic Projector which was three models newer and more advanced than the one I had in my college dorm. I must admit I was smiling on the inside, moving from room to room, the entertainment quarters, the sitting quarters then the bedroom.
I perused the bedroom for a moment, testing the bed; it was twice the size of my old one with air pillows, adjustable temperature and other features I had not recognized. It was extremely comfortable I could fall asleep right now I thought to myself, I closed my eyes and after a few seconds I was in a deep sleep.

Flashes of my mother and father dancing in the field while I swung from the Apricot tree were what I saw now, and then a dark cloud cast a shadow over the field. Followed by rain drops, rain drops of blood, then screams, shrieks and lightning.

*Gasp, gasp... gasp*

I woke up in a cold sweat and in a panic; I looked around the room and saw that it was 5:15 pm. I had to shower and get ready to leave. I slowly got up; I had no time to analyze the dream that quickly became a nightmare.

While searching for a closet or any clean clothes I found my essentials but still no clothes, and then I remembered the room directly at the end of the hallway next to the bathroom. I hurried to the back of the hallway and as I stood in front of it on the pressurized floor the locked door slid open.
I slowly walked inside; it was my first ever walk in closet. I walked in, and with every step a light on the above panel came on. Again I was in awe, this time with the number of weapons, gadgets and accessories I saw. Visors, belts, watches and what appeared to be memory sticks along with strange looking clothes.

They were all in my favorite colors grey, navy blue, black and burgundy. Both long sleeve and short sleeved including V-Necks, they were all styled in the newest fashion but I was not familiar of the brand "PMW". They were no jeans though only these funny looking tights which were reinforced and padded on the thighs and the back of the calves.
Upon a closer look, I realized all the shirts had the PMW logo on the front and were padded and reinforced on the chest, biceps and along the spine of the back. Along the bottom panels were these calf high socks that apparently were to go over the tights and connect and on the bottom of these socks were a hard-rubbery material. Although they were strange I must admit they looked good and with them I didn't require shoes.

My attention was now on the announcement that was privately broadcasted throughout the entire complex. There was also a virtual note that came across the mirror in the closet, it read:

"Be sure to wear your watch, visor, belt and gloves to the Hyperbolic Regeneration Chamber, along with your PMW suit. A special PMW suit was prepared for you and waiting on the back wall"

Again, I was hurrying, I made my way to the back of the room and there it was a black and gold PMW suit. This suit stood out more because all the lining and trimming was in gold. Everything was already coordinated from the gold watch, gold visor with dark tint, black belt with a gold buckle where I figured the memory stick was to go.