26. A Happy Union

"Don't even think about trying to start an argument," Astrid warned Ruffnut.

"Hey, I'm just joking around," Ruff held up her hands defensively. She then walked over to Iris and threw an arm around her shoulders, "I'm really glad you're gonna be part of the family."

Iris gave her a grateful look, "thanks, Ruff."

Mora removed the twin's arm from around Iris and continued to decorate the bride. Cuffs were fastened around her arms, and white flowers placed delicately in her hair. The four women had gathered in a roomy tent on the beach that was set up specifically for them to prepare Iris. This was to make sure no on saw Iris before the wedding began.

Finally, Mora finished and stepped away, her eyes watering with joy. "You can look now, dear," she barely got the words out.

With a deep breath, Iris turned toward the mirror behind her. A gasp escaped her lips as she admired herself. It seemed that all at once, the reality of the situation hit her. She was getting married. Today. In less than an hour. Iris felt her body begin to quiver in excited nervousness.

⇧ Iris's wedding attire ⇧This is my own original design, please do not steal :)

This is my own original design, please do not steal :)

"Iris, you look beautiful," Astrid complimented, taking a stand next to her friend.

Just then, familiar voices came within earshot; Tuffnut and Snotlout were conversing outside of the tent. Iris too a deep shakey breath and sat down in a chair, "they're here."

"Are you ready?" Mora asked with a smile.

Iris looked up at her and finally nodded, "yes."

***

Soon after their arrival to the beach, Tuffnut checked his reflection in thw ocean water. He felt odd without his helmet, but the viking tradition of a white flower crown in it's place wasn't something he wanted to break. Besides, he liked the look of it. Instead of his usual blue tunic, he wore a white one and ditched the vest. Thorn had given him a sand wraith skin sleeve to wear, and he couldn't have felt more honored.

⇧ Tuffnut's Wedding Attire⇧This is my own original design, please do not steal :)

This is my own original design, please do not steal :)

None of the guests had arrived yet, accept for the dragon warriors, who were finishing setting everything up. But sun was almost touching the horizon, which meant that the beach would soon be full.

Hiccup was looking over the instructions Thorn had made for him on how to complete a marriage according to the tribe's customs. Of course, Hiccup was going to be the ome to marry them, since he was Chief. But Tuff had insisted on making it as traditional for Iris as possible.

The sand wraiths had all been decorated in white flowers as well, Arrow wearing the most. Tuff watched the dragon enter the sand colored tent, his heart pounding; just behind that cloth stood his soon to be wife.

"Tuff," Hiccup called for his attention.

"Ah! Who-what?!" Tuffnut shouted in start.

Snotlout facepalmed, "oh, gods help us." He walked over to his friend with a teasing grin, "it's time to get in place." He was right. People were beginning to filter down onto the beach and take their seats.

⇧ Like this, except the torches don't ⇧hold flowers, they will be lit when the wedding begins, and the sun is setting in the background

hold flowers, they will be lit when the wedding begins, and the sun is setting in the background.

Tuff, Snotlout, and Hiccup took their places under the archway. Tuffnut and Astrid snuck out of thw tent and made their way to the arch as well. Tuff gave his sister a nervous smile, and she gave him a small thumbs up. And by the time everyone arrived, the sun touched the sea, and Iris finally emerged from the tent at the far end of the isle.

She walked over the sand, a bouquet of irises in her hands and Arrow at her side. Each time they passed a pair of torches, two warriors blew flames to light them. Iris couldn't hide her amusement at the vikings' reactions to the fire fruit display. But her attention soon rested solely on the people and dragons before her.

Toothless sat calmly beside Hiccup, and Stormfly behind Astrid and Ruff. Barf and Belch lingered closely behind Tuff and Snotlout, each of their heads on either of Tuffnut's sides. It took Iris a moment to realize that the man was close to fainting, and the two headed dragon was keeping him upright. Before she knew it, she stood right infront of him. His baby blue eyes shone brighter than usual.

"This evening, we've gathered to create the union between two souls, and solidify a love that was created long before it was found," Hiccup began to speak. But just as one might expect, Iris and Tuff became lost in each other. The chief's words seemed to only float away in the breeze, until it was their turn to speak. The two made their vows, and Hiccup finished the ceremony.

Tuff, finally able to stand on his own again, took Iris by the hand and leaned down. Their lips met just as the sun disappeared completely into the ocean.