Chapter 16

Hey guys, the new chapter is here! We're soooo excited to show you more of Ace's incredible, irresistible cuteness! *.* Oh and Eternity is finally coming to her senses!! So, enjoy! And don't forget to tell us your opinions! -M&N

*********************************************************

After realizing what an idiot I am for pushing people away and shutting them out, I settle onto my bed and grab my cell. I search for Ivy’s number and hit call immediately. One ring... I’m scared... Two rings... I shouldn’t be... Three rings... This is torture!!

“Hello?” Ivy’s sleepy voice answers. What is she doing, sleeping at 5 p.m.?!

My voice hitches as I say, “Hey, Ivy, it’s me Eternity.”

I can practically hear the surprise in her voice, and I know she’s checking her phone’s screen to make sure it’s me, and that she’s not dreaming. “Eternity!!” she beams at me, and I hold the phone away from my ear. I still need my cochlea. “I thought you’d given up on me!”

“Oh, Ivy, how can I ever do such a thing.” I reply and do best to contain my emotions and stop my tears from spilling. “I’m so sorry, Ivory. I’m truly sorry for everything.”

“You really hurt me, Eternity, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get over it.”

I can hear the pain in her voice. I’m despicable! How could I do that to someone as caring and as sensitive as Ivy. I sigh as I say, “I know I haven’t been the friend I should have been to you, especially after you chose me over your social life, but I promise, no more secrets between us. I’m ready to tell you everything. I’m ready to let people in, to let people help me ‘cause I know they care about me.”

“You promise?”

“I promise! I swear!”

“So, you’re ready to tell me everything? EVERYTHING?”

I can feel her eyeing her phone suspiciously as she emphasizes the last part.

“Every single tiny, little bit of information.” I grin

“YES!!” Ivy cheered. “Can I come over??”

“No, not now, I mean. Angel is back and she’s coming for a visit, so once she leaves, I’ll call you.” I say as the doorbell rings. “Ooooh! Angel is here, I’ll call you back, bye!”  I hang up and run down the stairs.

“Angel!” I say and throw my arms around her.

“Eternity,” she laughs at my reaction to seeing her. “Wow!”

“I need to talk to you! Like really! It’s an emergency!” I say and pull her to the kitchen where we both sit across each other, and I start pouring my heart out.

“He told you he cares about you?” she muses.

“Yeah, he said he cared about me, and that I should let people in cause they just wanna help.”

“Good,” she nods and sips her coffee.

“What do you mean by good?” I cock an eyebrow.

“I mean good as in he likes you and I know you like him too.”

I stare silently at her because honestly I can’t find the right words.

“When I came over the first time, I instantly knew there was something between the two of you. The tension in the air was palpable. You can’t deny that there are sparks between the two of you.”