"And why is that?" He said now closing the book.

I gulped as I hastily looked around for a good enough excuse but nothing, so the next best excuse I can make, "Cause um...wait who do you think you are to boss me around? You know one letter from me could easily get you fired right?" I said realizing that he was thinking he was superior to me.

"You don't have to take it that far, I apologize." He said opening his book again.

"Good to hear that," I said taking a deep breath of relief.

The teacher slowly walked away and I heard a small sound coming from the side that the poor boy was on. And once I turned surely enough he was laughing at me.

I just kept my serious face waiting for him to relax but, he took too long so, I went for a second try at throwing the note and it was a success. It hit him right on the nose. His reaction was priceless.

He immediately stopped laughing and tried to focus his eyes to try and look at his nose, crossing them. And now it was my turn to laugh this time.

He then picked up the paper and read it. Once he was done he looked at me and wrote down on the back of that paper and placed it on my desk. I turned it around and it just read, "Meet me at the school's statue during break time." I had no idea why he wouldn't continue the conversation but, I didn't push and let him off just this once.

The class finally ended after an hour of the teachers just rambling on and on. Sometimes I understand and others not so much. As I was thinking to myself in how dreadful I was feeling, I heard a squeak.

I turned to the side and saw that Michael had just pulled out his chair and started walking towards the door. But then he stopped and looked over his shoulders and gave me a side-eye glance.

I was so annoyed by this. How dare he just look at me in that way.

I just rolled my eyes but I'm pretty sure he didn't see it and got up from my seat a few seconds after he left and went towards the same direction he was heading.

I turned the corner and someone pulled on my arm and pushed me into an empty room. I was about to rant about how could they do this to me until I saw who had done it. I looked up and met his brown eyes and instantly knew he was in some sort of rush.

"So what was that offer you were talking about?" He asked

"Hey, hey I'm the one who gets to ask questions first got it?" I said making him become quiet but, I didn't miss the heavy eye roll he gave me.

"Yeah, Yeah go ahead." He said rolling his hand.

"How dare you ignore me in class and tell me to wait? And how much ruder can you get pulling me into a room like this?" I ranted on and on about.

"Oh, sorry princess, that I wasn't paying attention to you and scared you but, I still need to learn and watch the lesson if I want to keep up my scholarship here." He said in an overly sarcastic voice.

"Not like you should even be here anyway," I whispered to myself and he heard me.

"I heard that," he said

I looked at him and whipped my head around, "I don't care." I returned back

"And also I pulled you in here cause I'm pretty sure you didn't want to be seen with a person like me right?" He hit the nail right on the head with that one. Who knows what could happen if I was spotted talking to a poor person, gives me chills just thinking about it. "But what was your offer you were talking about. I don't have all day unlike you. I have stuff to do." He said rushing me.

I was silent for a while really wondering why I even bother with him at this point but I knew I just couldn't help it. I guess my mind and mouth are thinking two things right now, "Well, it's not like I need your help or anything."

"Ok bye then." He said reaching out for the door handle and I panicked. I quickly placed my hand over his and I instantly regret it.

I looked at him then to his hand with wide eyes, what was I thinking. I released my hand and rubbed it on my uniform. How could I even think of touching such a dirty person? I quickly regained my train of thought and looked confidently at Michael's eyes.

"Wait hold on, I need your help...studying," I said shyly.

He let go of the doorknob and faced me with his hands crossed over his chest. "And how would that benefit me?" He asked

"I can pay you?" I suggested

"I don't want your dumb money," he said to my surprise.

"What I thought poor people would do anything for money," I said shocked

"We poor people, still have our pride though. So we work hard for money not just have it given to me from sympathy." I was confused by this. How could he reject my offer of paying him, when he is standing in front of me not even wearing the school's uniform, saying it is too expensive to get.

I thought hard in what he really needed that I can offer him but, then at the same time he never told me what he wants and I will not ask him.

After a few seconds of silence, it came to me, "Then how about you think of this as a study group. Since you so badly need your grades."

"Yeah, and what could you teach me?" He asked me in an undertone that I rather not mention at this moment.

"Since this is a school basically for the rich, the school has these mandatory manners and etiquette class. And judging by how you present yourself you won't be able to pass that class." I pointed out looking him up and down.

He thought it over and looked at me, I guess checking to see if I was telling the truth and he seemed convinced.

"Yeah, I will do it. So when are we going to start?" He gave in.

My eyes grew large as he said that, "Oh wait you actually will do it?" I said not expecting him to give in so early

He was trying to hold back a snarky comment, I can tell but luckily he only said a simple, "Yeah"

"Like for real for real." Just to make sure.

He groaned, "Yes, is it that unbelievable." He said getting annoyed of me

I nodded but I couldn't help but smile at him, "Kind of, but on second thought not so much, who could resist a person like me." I confidently say.

He rolled his eyes then said, "So when are you free?"

"I'm free all the time," I said

"Figured, you rich people have no responsibilities." He said laughing to himself probably thinking about how stupid he was for asking.

"That's not true? But anyways when are you free?" I asked

"I am free on Mondays and Fridays the whole day, but I am also free on Tuesdays and Thursdays only until 5. I have to babysit on weekends and almost every day after 5. So you chose the days." He explained

I was amazed by how much he has to do every single week. I couldn't show that though, it was only going to reassure him that his assumption was right, "Ok, how does this sound, Mondays and Fridays you can come over to my place for the lessons, and I could go to your's on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

"Will have to do." He said shrugging.

"Good, so then bye we will start next week," I said

I left the room and went back to the classroom so I can finally eat. I looked at the time and started to freak out, I only had a few minutes left to eat my pasta. I rushed and ate all of it just in time, as the bell rang. I put my container away in the trash and went back to my seat.

I was now alone in my thoughts and I started wondering should I really go to a poor person's house. Wouldn't they just gang up on me and strip me of all the money and clothes I had on me. But I also do wonder how it would be like to be poor.

I'm just curious I guess.