Chapter 63

Around 3am the next morning, my dream had woken me up again. I sat up with my back pressed against the backboard with my head in my knees, just staring into the darkness. I watched the clock slowly tick by and heard movement downstairs. I debated whether or not I should go and see who it was. But I was a little nervous considering the nightmare that just woke me up. I shook dad a little to see if he'd wake up, then I whispered "dad." He rolled over but kept snoring. I slowly stepped out of bed and walked silently across the room. "Riley," I heard dad say. "I'm just grabbing some water go back to sleep." I told him and kept going. Everyone else in the house was fast asleep, so I was as quiet as possible. When I finally got down to the bottom I saw Remus and Molly talking, they both looked really tired. "I don't think she's ready to go back." I heard Molly say. "She has to Molly, she won't be any safer here than there." He told her. "If the dark lord can get in and control her nightmares, who knows what he can force her to do Remus." She scolded. "Snape can help her, and besides it's up to her father." He answered. She sighed, "Remus you basically are the girls father." He shook his head, "I was basically her father, but now that's Sirius job." Molly threw her hands up, "he's only know her, what a year?" Remus sat down, "look I love Riley like she is my own daughter, but Sirius will do what's best for her and I'm sure of that." Molly just rolled her eyes, and got up.

I took this as my que to run back upstairs. I climbed back into bed, and thought about what they just said. My dreams could get someone hurt, that didn't make sense to me. But one thing I did know for sure was that, I was going back to Hogwarts. There was no way I was going to sit around here with the order while the rest got to go back. I looked beside me and saw dad sleeping soundly. And I smiled, maybe he hasn't been here my whole life, but Remus was right. He will and always has done what's best for me. When I was just a baby he knew what was going to happen and sent me to Remus' where he knew I'd be safe. Then to Cedric's house all summer, while they were working for the order. And now, he's doing everything he can to make sure I'm okay. "Thank you," I whispered to him. Then I lay down and pulled the blankets up close to my face.

The sun woke me up early, and I squinted as I first opened my eyes. "Fuck, that's bright," I said to myself. Then noticed dad folding all his clothes in the corner. He rolled his eyes, "language Riley." I smiled. "Want some help?" I asked. He nodded, "sure." I grabbed a pile of clothes and began to separate them and fold. "Last night I noticed you never came back with a glass of water," he said. "I drank it downstairs." I lied. He just shook his head. "What do you wanna do today?" He asked. "Well are you doing anything?" I questioned. He shook his head no, "Listen Remus and I were talking, he said he would take you to go and see Cedrics gravestone." I dropped the shirt I was folding and thought about it. Is that something I would be okay with seeing. "I don't know," I hesitantly answered. "Remus was going to go and see Lily and James, they're at the same cemetery." I looked up, "why aren't you going to see them?" He gave me a sad smile, "I don't think I'm ready for that." I sighed, "We can go together, I'll see Cedric and you can see them." I could see him thinking. "Come on dad, you can't expect me to go if you can't even bring yourself to." I pushed. He put down the sweater he was folding and walked out. "Dad wait, I'm sorry," I called out. But he kept going, he walked up the stairs, I had no clue where he was going. But then Remus walked in. He gave me a small hug, "Did your dad talk to you about going today?" He asked. I nodded. "What's wrong Riley?" I continued folding, "I pushed him to come with us, and he stormed off." I admitted. "Hey he will come around." He tried to reassure me. "There's something else I wanted to talk to you about." He said. "What is it?" I curiously asked him. "It's getting a little crowded here, would you mind if I went back to my house?" He said. It felt weird to think about, I've lived with Rem my entire life. I slowly nodded my head, but warned, "you have to visit at least two times a week, four would be preferable, and I want letters while I'm at school, and your spending holidays with me." He laughed and kissed my forehead. "Deal, now get ready and we'll go soon."