Chapter 42

Remus always reads before bed, so I knew now would be a good time to go and talk to him. I knocked and he told me to come in, he put his book down, and patted the spot beside him on the bed. I climbed up and pulled the blankets over top of me. It was always easier for me to confess things and be honest if I didn't look Remus in the eye, so that I didn't see the disappointed looks he gives me. I leaned against his side, and just relaxed for a few minutes. He kissed my forehead, and told me to start with the World Cup. "That was when you couldn't write to me because of you know who and whatever, but that day in the tent, I saw a letter you had written Harry, and it just pissed me off, Harry got so much more then me, and I was just angry I guess, so I drank it off." Remus took a deep breath in, "that's not a good reason for your behaviour and it is definitely not a good enough excuse, your grounded the break, you understand that right?" I nodded my head. He said, "Okay now that that's dealt with, I'm here we can talk about whatever you want." I smiled, thank god for this guy. "Well my summer was great, me and Cedric spent almost every day together, he was so sweet and we did a lot of stuff."

Remus nodded and I continued. "Anyway when we got back to school, and we found out about the goblet, things got a little rocky, we still hung out and you know, but we fought a little more often." He said "okay" and was listening to me carefully I could tell. "So remember the letter Oliver sent me summer? Well apparently he has a new girl, and Lavender, the girl he cheated on me with, thought it was me. So when me and Cedric were walking she literally just came over knocked me down and beat me to nothing." Remus took a deep breath in, "that's not right," he said. I shook my head in agreement. I continued, "so then I spent a few days in the wing, I got out in time to find out about Cedric and Harry.

That night me and Cedric met in an empty classroom, I told him I was worried and we got in a big argument, that ended in him telling me he wanted a break. It was almost exactly what Oliver did, he used me then ended things. But like with Cedric I don't really know if we're on a break or not, because again while we were broken up we did stuff, and kissed a couple of times." Remus kind of chuckled, "quite the love life you and Cedric have going on." I laughed "oh my god Rem," I said. He joked "would you like me to tell your father about this love life." I looked up at him and answered, "no thanks, I don't need Cedric dead." Remus laughed and eventually I fell asleep in his bed.

Morning came around, I walked out to the kitchen to see Remus on the couch with a pillow and his blanket watching a muggle television. Sirius was in the chair they both laughed at me when I walked in. "Did you sleep out here?" I asked Remus. He nodded his head, he looked tired. "You practically kicked him out of his own bed Ry," dad said laughing, I smiled and gave Remus a hug, "I'm sorry, your bed is so comfortable though," he just smiled and hugged me back, "it's alright Riley, you can just talk to your dad tonight instead," he joked.

Remus stood up to go make breakfast. Dad reached out his arms, "do I not get a morning hug?" I smiled and walked over to the chair, and plopped down on him. "How's Cedric?" Dad asked. I sighed loudly, "I don't know what's going on with us honestly, he's so confusing," I admitted. I definitely was not going to tell him about the sex and kissing because he would ground me for life, and murder Cedric. "Well honey, I hope you don't mind that Amos was invited for Christmas dinner, we always used to do that," dad said. I did mind a lot actually, but I wasn't going to ruin Christmas, "it's fine dad, I'm going to help with breakfast," I sat up and kissed his head. I can't believe Remus was letting this happen after everything I told him last night.

I stormed over to where he was buttering our bread, "Remus what the hell," I said. He gave me a testing look, "excuse me," I backed off a little, "You let dad invite Amos over to dinner, after everything that's happened," I whined. He just rolled his eyes at me, "It's your dads first Christmas out of Azkaban, so it's up to him how he wants to spend it Ry," I nodded my head, but I was still pretty mad. Then Harry walked into the kitchen, so I knew to stop my argument, his hair was a mess, and he was still in pyjamas. "Hey Harry," I said. "Good morning" he answered, Harry walked over to where my dad was sitting, and I walked away to go get ready for today.