Chapter 34

Dinner was amazing as usual, I sat by George and Harry. And we got the news about having a goblet of fire, in fact me and Cedric got in a bit of a fight about it, we've never really been mad at each other so it felt weird. He wants to enter, but I'm scared. Dumbledore himself said that contestants could die, and it really did worry me, and he just didn't understand. I tearfully walked up to my dorm and decided I should probably read that last letter now.

Dear Riley,

I hope you know that we were talking to Harry only because he was helping us. Everything we did was to protect you and your wellbeing. I am happy for you and Cedric, we BOTH still love you and can't wait to see you. You are still grounded nonetheless.
-Remus and Dad

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't contain my tears. All I wanted was a good start to my year, that did not happen. I decided I should go and talk to Cedric I hated fighting with him. I cleaned myself up and headed towards the dining hall where I'm sure he'd still be. Many people were headed back to their dorms and I smiled and nodded at a few people I sorta knew. Once I arrived I sighed deeply, thank god Cedric was still there. I walked over to his table and said hello to his friends. Then I leaned in and whispered in his ear "come with me," I told him. He reluctantly said bye to his friends and followed me to an empty classroom

"Listen Cedric, you do whatever you want, I'll support you, and I am sorry," I was straight up with him. "No matter what I will still love you, and please don't ever forget that, if you would like to enter then by all means, just make sure you know what your getting your self into,"
I saw that little smirk on his face and instantly fell in love with him all over again. He leaned into my ear "I love you more." Then suddenly he pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips upon mine. I kissed him back, and enjoyed every last second of our moment, he pulled away and look me straight in the eye. "I'll be fine Ry, just relax." I took a deep breath and smiled, "I'm sure you will be."

We walked back to the dining hall and split up from there. On the way to my dorm I passed by that new defence against the dark arts teacher, Mad eye Moody, he nodded his head at me in acknowledgment, "Ms. Black," he said as he walked by. "Good evening professor," I answered quickly. Something about this guy just completely freaked me out. I hurried back to my dorm where I saw Fred and George deep into a game of wizard chess, I laughed and went over to join them. Only to be stopped by Harry. He asked me if Remus had talked to me lately. I nodded my head, and looked at him strangely, as he walked away from me. That was weird. I joined Fred's team, which sucked for him because I'm shit at chess. It was a great night, but eventually I left to go to sleep.

Hermione and I got to share a room again with two other girls, Kaite Bell, and Lavender Brown, Kaite wasn't too bad, she was quite nice actually. But Lavender was a completely different story. My heart sunk once I remembered the letter Oliver had sent me during the summer, I really want to know who this other girl was. I guess I can ask him but will that make me seem desperate, maybe even that I want him back. Which I do not, I love Cedric very much, I guess I'll find out eventually. I slept until around 7 the next morning, and then began to get ready for class.