Chapter 51

When Snape and I finally got down to the dungeons. He turned around and asked me, "what the hell was that about?" I put my hands up, "honestly Professor I have no idea, I just walked by him in the hall and he told me to follow him," I answered. Snape nodded. "Did he give you anything?" I was confused, "like what?" He shook his head at me, "what do you mean like what did he give you a potion or a drink?" I thought for a second, "Well he offered me tea, even thought I said I didn't want any," Snape seemed interested in this answer, "what was he saying?" I shivered thinking back to it. "Ms. Black, what did he ask you?" He repeated. "He kept asking me about my dad, and he told me I was pretty, then he was threatening me," I admitted. "Well then, go back to your dormitory. Report to me if he tries anything else," he ordered. I nodded my head thanked Snape and left. When I got back to my room I thought I should finally look in the box, Hermione was with me. And I pulled out a stunning blue dress that fell down to my ankles. It hugged my figure and Hermione did a spell to make it fit perfect, along with it came a pair of silver heels that had sparkles all throughout them. Everything was beautiful. I picked up the letter, and a picture came falling out. It was my mother, she was absolutely stunning. I've never seen anyone so beautiful in my life, she had the dress on, and it looked far better on her then it did me.

Dear Riley,
I hope you like the dress, if not I'm sure me and Remus can find something else. I just thought you'd like it because it was your mother's. She was a very beautiful girl, and I couldn't think of anyone else she'd want to have this besides you. Enjoy the Yule Ball, I'm sure you and that boy will have a good time. Love you.
Dad

I was so happy, I had to show Cedric the picture immediately. I ran off to find him, and of course he was in the dinning hall still eating. I walked over and sat down right beside him. I had a huge smile on my face and that made him laugh. "What are you on?" He asked. "Dad sent me my dress for the ball," I said excited. "And he sent me a picture of my mom, look at her," I said as I showed him the photo. Jackson leaned in and commented, "your mom was one hot griffendor Riley." I laughed, and Cedric tried not too. I remembered the deal to tell him everything so I leaned in and whispered, "I need to talk to you," he nodded and we got up and went to the classroom that by now we knew was always empty. "What's up, gorgeous," he said. "What's up with you and the gorgeous," I teased, "not that I mind it," I quickly added. He smiled, "Well the ball is in two days so I'm practicing my romance," I had to laugh at that. "So what really happened?" He asked. "Professor Moody, he made me come to his office, and he was being really weird," I began. Cedric asked me, "how was he being weird?" How wasn't he being weird was what I thought in my head but I said, "he told me him and dad were close in school, but then he was almost threatening me, he kept asking me where dad was. He called me pretty and gave me tea, which I'm assuming had a truth drought in in." Cedric seemed pissed, "Did you drink it, what the hell happened?" I sighed, thank god I didn't, because who knows what I would have said about dad. He could have been back in Azkaban or worse dead. "No I didn't drink it, Snape barged in and literally had to rip me away from Moody. I was terrified, Moody kept getting closer to me I thought he was going to hurt me," I said. "That bloody..." I put my hand on Cedric's mouth. "Listen nothing happened, the only thing that's weird now is that Professor Snape is watching my every move." Cedric took a minute to think, and then he sighed. "This all happened today?" He said, and I nodded, "right after dinner, hey let's just forget about it and focus on the ball, have you got your outfit ready?" Cedric smiled and hugged me, "Of course I have it ready who do you think your talking too?" He said offended. I hugged him back and smiled.