Chapter 29

Dear Riley,

I hope things are well with you, we are good. Have fun tomorrow and be cautious.

What was going on? I immediately knew this letter was from Remus because of the handwriting, but he didn't even sign his name or say I love you. I'm telling myself to not get worked up about this little thing, but to be honest I just wish he hadn't written at all.

Amos had made a really good pasta for me, because carbs are my favourite, as I often told Remus when he tried to cook. We sat down for dinner and ate as much as we could. "So how was lunch today kids," Amos asked us. I looked over at Ced "it was really good actually, I had lots of fun." Amos chuckled "good I'm glad, so tomorrow we will be up very early. We are meeting with the Weasleys and taking a portkey, Ry you will be going home with them from there," he looked at me sadly. I didn't want to leave them, but I loved the Weasleys, especially Fred and George. "Ughhh how early?" Cedric groaned. I laughed he is not a morning person at all. Amos gave him a look and rolled his eyes. "I'm sure you'll be fine."
Then Amos sat for a moment and said "So I'll wake you two up when it's time and then we'll leave." He got up to do the dishes, but I stopped him. "You've done more then enough for me, I'll do the dishes you go get a head start on sleep," I said. He kissed my forehead "Can you just move in please," he joked. I laughed and began filling the sink. Cedric came up behind me, put his hands on my waist, and kissed me on the cheek. "Can I help out with these dishes here my lady," He innocently asked me. "Of course you can kind sir", and with that I handed him the drying rag. We finished pretty quickly then went upstairs to my bedroom and packed away everything so it's all ready for tomorrow. When we were done he opened his arms and I hugged him resting my head on his shoulder, I never wanted to let go. He kissed me softly, and I still held onto him. "We should get to bed, I'll see you in the morning okay?" I nodded my head and kissed him one last time, "Goodnight Ced, I love you." I said. "I love you too," he answered and with that I layed down and fell asleep.

A few hours later:

Me and Harry looked at each other with worry, as a man stood in front of us holding out his wand. We shook. He told us only one would make it out alive. I was beyond confused, what the hell was he talking about. All of a sudden the mask fell off as he yelled out "AVADA KADAVRA" my knees buckled and I fell to the floor in shock. My soul was being ripped from my body, I was dying. In front of me stood Sirius Black, my father. Who had chosen Harry Potter's life over his own daughters. I watched as my body slumped down and collapsed right in front of them, but no one seemed to notice or care. I was being violently shaken.

I woke up and gasped for air what the fuck just happened to me. Amos and Cedric stood over me looking extremely worried. I looked at the clock it was 3am. Oh no I woke them up an hour early because of my nightmare. I was shaking so badly. "Riley honey are you okay, Cedric just went to get you a glass of water," Amos softly spoke. I nodded my head yes I couldn't make words out right now. I inhaled deeply and layed myself back down. Amos smiled at me. "I'll wake you in an hour, try and rest," he said. Cedric placed a glass down beside my head, and when his father had left he knelt down a planted a soft kiss of my forehead. I couldn't believe what had just happened, it all felt so real. Would dad really choose Harry over me? I felt sick just thinking about it. I closed my eyes and tried to rest for a bit before waking.