Chapter 47

Dad was the first to open his present from me, it was a sweater that I knew he would enjoy, as he opened it, I said, "I just hope it's not to big dad," everyone burst out laughing once again, and dad just pulled me into him. He kissed my forehead, and answered "I'm sure it will fit just fine.... brat." I giggled and opened my first present from Remus, it was my own giant hoodie, I guess so that I would stop wearing his. I put it on and immediately fell in love. "Thanks Remmy," I exclaimed. Next Harry opened up his quidditch sweater from me, and in the bottom of the bag I had a picture of me and him and I put a little quote on the bottom, "I've been seeking for a friend like you," it made him laugh he smiled and threw the wrapping paper at me. Then Remus opened his books, and he got some chocolate from Harry. Dad gave me my moms wedding ring on a chain so I could wear it around my neck. I absolutely loved it. And Harry bought me a big bag of candy and sweets, he knew me so well. Then finally I had two presents left, one was from the Weasleys. I immediately knew it was my annual Christmas sweater. And then Cedric got me another gift, on top of the beautiful necklace. He made an album of us, and decorated it all cutely. When I showed dad and Remus, dad pretended to gag, but Remus thought it was a cute idea. The only problem was I didn't get him anything, and I feel terrible. There was still time though I told myself. I should plan him the perfect date!

After dinner dad was sitting in the living room watching tv and Remus had Tonks over. They were chatting at the table. "Hello Riley," She happily greeted me. I smiled and waved "hey tonks," I let them be and went and sat beside dad, I gave him a hug, and said "have I told you how much I love you," dad immediately pushed me off of him and rolled his eyes. "What do you want?" He questioned. "Can I please go to Cedric's tomorrow, it's important," I pleaded. "Why do you have to go so urgently Riley," he asked. "Because he bought me a gift and made me a really cute gift, and I got him nothing!" I argued. "I was going to take him out, like plan something I don't know," I said. Dad just got up, and grabbed a beer. "I don't care, you should ask remus though maybe he had something planned," he finally answered. I hugged him again, then went back to Tonks and Remus. They pulled out a chair for me and let me sit down. "Hey guys, got any plans, ya know," I said in a flirty voice. Remus rolled his eyes, and Tonks laughed. "What do you want kid?" Rem asked me. I smiled, "Well I'm glad you asked, dear Remus, my favourite Godfather." This sent Tonks straight to giggles and my godfather let out a long sigh, and began to massage his temples. "Well you see, I was wondering if I could go to Cedric's tomorrow, dad said whatever and to ask you," I replied with a bright smile. Remus smiled, "I'm guessing Sirius doesn't want you going." I nodded slowly, "that's true, but you guys did also send me there for the entire summer, sooo you kinda in a way set us up," I negotiated. Tonks chimed in, "you know Rem she's right in a way," I put my arm around Tonks. "Can't you guys get married yet?" I teased. Remus rolled his eyes, and said we would talk later. I don't understand why it's such a big deal, but I left them in peace. And went back to dad. He opened his arms for me, and instead of giving into him, I sat down beside him, giving him my best angry face. He laughed, and looked away from me. "What did Remus say?" Asked dad. I sighed loudly, "he said we can talk later, I don't get the big issue here," I answered. "You did send me there the whole summer," I added. Dad nodded his head. He did look a little upset, maybe Christmas was hard for him. He had no one, except me and Harry. There was also Remus, but he had Tonks. Instead of continuing to nag him I gave him a hug, and layed down on the couch with him. "I don't have to go, dad, if you really don't want me too," I whispered. He hugged me back, and was playing with my hair. "No, go if you want, I'll invite Amos over for dinner too," he said. I couldn't contain my smile, I kissed dad on the forehead, and immediately began thinking about what we could do tomorrow.

At some point I felt myself being lifted off the couch. I sat up confused. Around me stood Dad, Remus, George, Cedric, Amos, Fred, Ron, Kaite, and a death eater. I stood up shaking, and thought to my self what is going on. I ran over to Cedric, put he threw me back down, hard. What the hell. I finally stood back up and saw everyone shaking their heads at me in disapproval. The death eater suddenly yelled "WANDS," everyone raised their wands up at me. "You do as I say, or the boy, Harry Potter, dies." They counted down from three, I was in the middle confused and scared. Then suddenly they all said "Crucio," I had 10 people torturing me at once, screams and cried for help erupted from me. It felt like it would never end. And then I was getting violently shaken.