Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

"No. I will not accept of this relationship. You guys have to break up." I jump out of my seat, my face horror stricken. I catch a glimpse of Scott's shcoked face and feel a slight satisfaction that this isn't going as he planned it to go.

"What!? Why not!?" I shout back.

"Lower your tone. I don't want you to date a guy who played with your heart, got you in the emergency room, and lied to you just so you would go out with him!" she says with a serious face. I clench and unclench my fist.

"OK. Yes. I know he may have played with my feelings but it was because of a dare!! And if it weren't for that dare, then we would have never gotten together! And as for the emergency room incident, he didn't do that! Kayla did. And finally, he only lied so that I'd admit my feelings that I'd been denying. I like him, Mom,. I like him a lot. Please, pleaseeee don't make me break up with him!!!" I plead with my last breath. I take a deep breath and let it out, looking at my mom hopefully.

"I don't know...." she trails off. I spin on my heel and send Scott a glare that says, "Don't just sit there, say something!" Scott hops off his seat and walks towards Mom. He puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Mom...I hate to admit it, but he's a great guy and he makes Marisa happy. And this is her one chance for her to make some friends!" he says. I kick him in the shin and he yelps.

"I have friends! They just don't go to my school! You know that!" I yell back. He shrugs and sends me an evil smirk. Jerk.

"Alright." I do a double take. Did she just say what I thought she said?

"Really?! I can continue dating him??" I ask excitedly. She nods and I start jumping up and down giggling like a little girl.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mom! I love you!!" I give her a bug bear hug as well as Scott and run upstairs. I jump on my bed and check my phone for any messages. I'm just about to reply to one from my best friend, Austine, when I get a Skype call on my computer from her. I jump into my swivel chair and press accept. I twirl around in my chair waiting for the call to connect.

"MARISAAAAAAAA!" I hear her scream. I quickly stop myself and face the computer to a smiling Austine.

"AUSTINEEEEEEEE!" I screech back. We both burst into a fit of giglles. Austine and I have been best friends since the third grade when we met in California. I moved in fourth grade and we promised to keep in touch. We always have the best time together whenever I vacation in Cali in the summer.

"I got your text!!!!! You have a BOYFRIEND!?" Austine retorts. She starts jumping up and down like I was in the kitchen a few moments ago. I nod happily.

"I was just about to reply to your text that said exactly wut u just said." I say with a giggle.

"OK. Tell me everything. EVERY FREAKIN DETAIL!!!" I wince but laugh and start explaining. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"Well, it all started with a dare...."

Andrew Smith's POV

I lie on my bed and stare at the ceileing in the dark. I can't bring Marisa to school tommorow. But not for the reason you think. If you guys are thinking that I don't want to be seen with her in school, then fuck you. I can't bring her to school with that Mark guy around. I mean, she already ditched with me once and left him on Friday, but tommorow is Monday and she has to be his "tour guide" for 3 more weeks. He's bound to make a move on her. I turn on my side and clutch my pillow. I'm just gonna have to hope for the best. I drift off into a dreamless night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marisa Johnson's POV