Happy

Klaus's pov:

I was chatting with Kacy for more than an hour. We were laughing a lot, when the door opened. I turned around I saw Killian looking like he was about to cry, just standing there at the door and looking at Kacy.

Klaus: I will wait outside.

I got up and went outside. When I passed by Killian didn't move. He didn't look at me. He continued looking at Kacy. I could see it in his eyes. How scared he was. I put my hand in his shoulder and looked at him. He still didn't move his body or his head, but he did look at the corner of his eye. He closed his eyes and nodded. I got out.

Kacy's pov:

Dad wasn't moving at all. He looked like he was going to cry soon and in the same time he looked scared. I didn't know what to do or to say to him after he left me again. I was devastated. I didn't even got out of bed or talked to anyone for a while.
I wanted him to b there for me.

Kacy: Hi.

He took a deep breath, like he was relieved that the hardest part passed.

Killian: Hi.

He walked slowly towards me.

Killian: How are you feeling?
Kacy: I'm okay. What about you?
Killian: I'm fine sweetheart.
Kacy: Klaus told me that you were here last night.
Killian: I was. Unfortunately I couldn't stay. Nick sent me home.
Kacy: He said you cried. A lot.
Killian: I did.

There was some awkward minutes between us till I finally said something.

Kacy: Where have you been?
Killian: I went back to the place where Mikael took us. I thought I could find a way to save you.
Kacy: Did you find anything?
Killian: No. I'm sorry Kacy. I have failed you.

I wanted to tell him the opposite of that. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't. I couldn't because he did fail me. I know it's selfish for me to expect him to just give up his life. The whole thing he build. He just wanted to be free and now that I am trapped here in wires and tubes, I can understand how it feels to not be able to do whatever he wants, but in the other side he is my dad and parents do these type of sacrifices for their children and if he wasn't ready to give his life for me maybe he isn't ready to be a father, because I would do it for him. I would do everything to see him safe, because I love him.

Killian: I know what you are thinking Kacy. I have tried to imagine my life there, but I couldn't. I would feel trapped and isolated. You know how I would feel right? Not being able to do whatever you want. To have a duty to the people. I do bad things baby. I am bad and I can't say that it doesn't make me feel better, because it does.
Kacy: I understand dad. That's the problem.
Killian: What do you mean?
Kacy: You're not ready to be my dad. You never will.
Killian: What?! Kacy that's insane!
Kacy: It's true.
Killian: I am ready. I am. That's why I'm here for you.
Kacy: Parents make sacrifices dad.
Killian: Kacy I love you...
Kacy: You're not ready to be a dad. If you were you wouldn't think twice to make the decision. Klaus would do it without hesitation, because he understands what being a parent means.
Killian: He abused you!
Kacy: At least he was there!
Killian: Kacy I explained it to you why I wasn't.
Kacy: No dad! You just gave an excuse. It was just a justification to yourself to make you feel better!
Killian: Kacy...
Kacy: You're not ready dad and you never will, because after a couple of months I won't be here.
Killian: What?!
Kacy: I had a couple of years, now I have a couple of months. I have to stay here till I die. So yes I know how you feel about not being able to do whatever you want, not being able to be free, but different from you is that I don't have a choice.
Killian: Kacy. I want to be your dad. Please.

I saw his teary eyes, begging me. It just mede me cry.

Killian: Kacy don't cry. Please. I love you. I'm here.

I hugged him and buried my face in his neck and cried. He kept stroking my back.

Killian: You're not gonna die. I don't wanna lose you. If I have to sacrifice my freedom for yours than I will. Contact them Kacy. Tell them I'm willing to do it.

I broke the hug and looked at him confused.

Kacy: Dad I'm not gonna force you to do it. You don't have to.
Killian: Kacy I can't imagine a life without you and I don't wanna live a day without you. I loved you since I first saw you. You were so small.
Kacy: What?!

He chuckled.

Killian: I might have stalked you. That's why I knew that you were my daughter when you came and found me.
Kacy: For how long?
Killian: Firstly, I saw you when you were 6 months old. You were with your mom. I kept seeing you everytime I could. You were 4 when we first talked.
Kacy: We talked?!
Killian: You were in kindergarten. I gave you a chocolate. I almost cried when I touched your hand and you asked me why I was sad and I told you  about how I had lost my daughter and I missed holding her hand and holding your hand was just like holding hers. You smiled sweetly and told me that if I wanted I could come again to hold your hand.
Kacy: I was a very cute kid, wasn't I?
Killian: You still are.
Kacy: What else did I say?
Killian: I left a bit after that and came again after a while. I will never forget that day.
Kacy: Why so?
Killian: It was the first time I held you. You came running towards me and hugged me and I took you up in my arms and I cried and told you how much I missed you and when I had to leave you started crying for me so I had to take you home. Your mom wasn't too happy at first. A stranger holding her daughter, but when I was about to leave, you cried again.

I was crying again, but this time they were happy tears in both of our faces.