Back home

Dad drove us back home. Just imagine the look on aunt Morgan's face when she saw dad with me and Grace. It was hilarious. Dad got us inside without saying a thing to aunt Morgan and she was left standing speechless in front of the door. Dad didn't say a thing, but went to mom right away. 

Me, Grace and aunt Morgan are sitting in the living room and Grace was explaining to her, how we found dad. Dad was taking so long. I was hoping that the talk between them went good and they would go back together again. 

Minutes felt like hours. I kept looking at the clock and wishing that sooner or later mom and dad would come out smiling.

I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I got up and went to see. It was just dad.  He saw me and he started walking slowly towards me. He didn't look happy. Neither did he look sad. He kept looking at me until he was face to face with me. He looked at me for a few seconds and turned the other way and he started walking toward the door. I knew immediately  that the talk between them hadn't gone well. I got so scared that I chased after him and caught him just in time to see him opening the door. I caught his arm and he looked at me.

Kacy: You can't leave!

He took the arm forcefully.

Klaus: Don't you dare try to find me again!

I looked at him, shocked by his answer and his reaction.

Kacy: Dad?

Klaus: Don't you dare call me dad. I'm not your dad and I will never be your dad!

His words were like a knife through my heart. It broke me. There were no more tears left. I was. I was empty. Nothing left. The only thing that was in my heart was hope. Hope to change my dad, hope to have a dad and hope to have my parents together. Now there is nothing left in my heart and I can't feel anything. It pains me. 

I followed him outside.

Kacy: You promised. You promised!

I fell to the floor, unable to move or talk, but I didn't cry. He left. Aunt Morgan and Grace were trying to comfort me , telling me that is okay, but I felt lost.

Kacy: I think I wanna go to my room.

Aunt Morgan and Grace looked shocked at my calmness.

Morgana: O-Okay sweetie.

I got up and went to my room. I laid down on my bed and hugged my pillow. Dad's words kept coming through my mind. What happened to him and mom? He was fine just a couple of hours ago. He was fine. I lost him again and this time I won't go and look for him. I don't need him anymore. He is fine by himself. This was the last chance. He left

Klaus's pov:

I drove the girls back home. Morgana was the person who opened the door. When she saw me she was shocked. The girls were trying to not laugh with her reaction. I didn't say a thing to her, I just passed her and went upstairs to Sarah. I got in without knocking. I saw Sarah. She was curled up in a ball position and covered in blankets. I went there and sat next to her. I removed the blankets from her face and looked at her face. She was so pretty. There was no denying, I loved this woman so much. I touched her cheek softly and she opened her eyes and than she raised her eyes and saw me. Her eyes were red. She has been crying. She looked so shocked. She got up immediately.

Sarah: Klaus! You're here. You're back. Do the girls know that you're here?

Klaus: Yes, love. They do. They told me that you have been really sad since I left. You haven't gone out much, have you?

Sarah: I missed you.

Klaus: I missed you too.

Sarah: Why did you leave me?

Klaus: I thought you would kick me out after what I did to Kacy.

Sarah: Klaus I love you. I wouldn't kick you out.

She looked down. I knew immediately that something was wrong. I put a finger under her chin and lifter her head up.

Klaus: What's  wrong love? You can tell me.

Sarah: Klaus there is something you need to know and when you hear this you will hate me.

Klaus: I can never hate you.

She shook her head. Tears filled her eyes.

Klaus: You are worrying me love? What's wrong? Please tell me.

Sarah: It's about Kacy. Morgana told me something.

Klaus: What?

Sarah: She said that when she was pregnant, she had cheated on you and that the baby wasn't yours.

Klaus: That's impossible. She can't. She was. My baby!

I got up. Tears filled my eyes. 

Klaus: That's not true. Kacy is just like me. Mentally. We both love to paint and we both love the same genre of music and movies. We love the same food too. She is just like me. Just like me! It's not true. I don't know what you are trying to do to me, but it won't work. You're a liar.

My baby girl.

Sarah: It's true. I did a DNA test with Grace. They were not related.

Klaus: No you're not telling the truth. Tell me the truth!

Sarah: This is the truth Klaus.

She came and hugged me.

Klaus: You said I would hate you. Why?

She let go of me.

Sarah: Because I did the DNA test , a few months after Kacy was born.

Klaus: You knew. You knew the whole time! Kacy was my baby girl! You took her for me. You took my baby away from me.

Sarah: You never wanted her!

Klaus: I was afraid to love her! I was afraid! I wanted to love her, but everytime that I looked at her she reminded me of Morgan and she reminded me how she broke my heart and I was afraid Kacy would hurt me too and I hid my feelings away, but I did love her and I let her in and now you took her from me. I was right. She would break my heart and she did.

I backed away from her and wiped my tears.

Klaus: I hate you.

Sarah: Please don't say that. I was scared that if you knew that Kacy wasn't your daughter, you would kill her or take her far away from us. I'm sorry.

Klaus: I don't want to see you again. I don't want to see Kacy or Morgana again. Stay out of my life.

Sarah: Please don't say that. Please you will hurt Kacy more than anything. Please. She loves you. She needs you.

Klaus: No she doesn't. She needs her father and that's not me and you better tell her soon or else you will hurt her more than me.

I left the room and started walking downstairs when I noticed Kacy was standing in the corner of the door and was looking at me. I walked slowly towards her. I looked at her for a few seconds. I didn't know what to say to her so I just left. When I was opening the door Kacy took my arm. I looked at her and than I removed my hand forcefully from the anger I was feeling inside.

Kacy: You can't leave!

Klaus: Don't you dare try to find me again!

She looked at me, shocked by my answer and my reaction.

Kacy: Dad?

Klaus: Don't you dare call me dad. I'm not your dad and I will never be your dad!

She looked so hurt. I knew that in that moment I broke her for real. There was no going back.

I got out of the door. Kacy followed me behind.

Kacy: You promised! You promised!

I turned around. She fell to the floor unable to say anything else. I looked at her for a few more seconds and than I left.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏