The call

Kacy's pov:

Dad hasn't been home in a year. He wasn't here for my birthday again. He missed another year of my life. I turned 12 and today is my 13th birthday and all I want for my birthday is just one thing. One thing that I have dreamed about all my life and that thing is my dad. Every year for my birthday, I have wished for him to be there cause he always used to find an excuse to miss my birthday. He was never there. I miss him. I do. I miss him. I don't know why. He did abuse me and denied me and he never told me why, but in my heart, I want to forgive him. I love him. I wish he was here.

Klaus's pov: It's Kacy's birthday today and I just missed another birthday from my daughter's life. She probably hates me because of what I did the last time. I hurt her so badly not only physically, but mentally too. I miss her. I have seen Grace as much as I could without being Sarah or Morgana noticing.
I was sitting on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I was thinking about calling her. I don't know if she wants to talk to me, but the last time I saw her she was scared of me. I dialled her number and clicked on her name. After a few moments, I heard her voice.

Kacy: Hello.

I wasn't saying a thing. I was terrified.

Kacy: Hello. Anybody there?

I stayed silent for a few more seconds before I finally found the guts to speak.

Klaus: Hey.

She wasn't saying a thing this time. I could hear her heartbeat beating faster.

Kacy: Dad?!
Klaus: Yeah. It's- It's me, love.
Kacy: Where are you?
Klaus: I have travelled a lot.
Kacy: You haven't come back.
Klaus: No I haven't.

There was a moment of silence between us till I decided to say something.

Klaus: I called to wish you a happy birthday.
Kacy: Thanks.
Klaus: I wanted to buy you something and send it to you, but I didn't really know what. Do you want anything? Anything you want, you can have it, love. You just need to ask.

She wasn't saying a thing for a moment, but I know she was about to cry.

Kacy: I want my daddy back.

She said and finally broke down in tears.

Klaus: Kacy please don't cry, love. Please!
Kacy: Come back to me. I'm sorry. It's my fault that you left!
Klaus: Please don't say that. It's not your fault at all. Please don't cry. It's your birthday.
Kacy: Will you come back?
Klaus: One day when I'm ready.
Kacy: I need you to know.

She started crying again.

Klaus: You can call me whenever you want. You can tell me anything, but right now I can't be present in your life. Baby girl?
Kacy: Yeah?
Klaus: I'm sorry.
Kacy: I know. I forgive you. I forgive you, daddy?
Klaus: What have I done to deserve you, love? You're so sweet and caring while I'm the opposite of that.
Kacy: Don't say that daddy. You're nice too. I know you are. Maybe not with me, but I have seen how nice you were with mom and Grace.
Klaus: I really don't deserve you. Please stop being so nice to me. I don't deserve it.
Kacy: Don't be so mean to yourself, daddy. Please.
Klaus: Can we change the subject, please? It's your birthday. Let's keep it happy.
Kacy: Okay. What do you want to talk about?
Klaus: Did you open any of the presents?
Kacy: No. Not yet. Mommy says I have to open them later cause now we have guests over.
Klaus: Who is there?
Kacy: Just some of my friends, mom and Grace. And aunt Morgana too.
Klaus: How is Morgana? Is she living there?
Kacy: Yes. She lives here now.
Klaus: Is she nice to you and Grace?
Kacy: She is nice.
Klaus: What about your mom? How is she doing?
Kacy: I know that she misses you, daddy. I have found her crying a couple of times, but haven't said a word. I know she wants you back. I think she is lonely. She left her work and now she stays home.
Klaus: I'm sorry to hear that. She will be fine. She is a fighter. She will move on soon.
Kacy: Move on?! Dad?! What do you mean by that?!
Klaus: Kacy...

She cut me off.

Kacy: You said you will come back and when you do you will get back together with mom!
Klaus: Kacy it's not that simple. It's not my decision. I got to go love.
Kacy: No daddy don't hang up.
Klaus: Happy birthday my love. I hope I see you soon. Call me for anything you want.
Kacy: Daddy.

Kacy's pov:

Kacy: Daddy.

I heard a beep and I understood that he hang up. I wanted to cry. I just talked to my daddy. I talk to him. I need to find him.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏