Studying is hard

Klaus's pov:

I left Kacy's room and went downstairs to the living room and turned the tv on. I found a nice movie to watch and to wait till Sarah comes home. I don't know why she needs the job, but I support her on whatever she is trying to do.

Sarah's pov:

I finished work and went grocery shopping. After that, I went home. I found Klaus on the couch. He looked tired and half asleep. He probably didn't hear me walk in so I jump on him and he groaned.

-Hello love. Quite nice to make an appearance like that.

I chuckled and leaned in for a kiss. He gladly returned it.

- Hey.
I said.

-How was work?
He asked.

-I like working in fact. I have made friends and the job is nice.

- I'm glad you're having fun love. I can't say the same thing about me.

- Kacy again?
I asked him.

He nodded.

- She is terrible at studying. She is nothing like Grace.

-Maybe she has a mental problem or something cause nobody can be like her when they study.
I said.

-You mean so dumb.

-She is not dumb Klaus. Don't be mean.
I told him.

-Whatever.

-Have you tried to bond with her?
I asked.

-Never in a million years.
He said.

-What my sister did to you, how angry she made you feel, don't blame Kacy. She is your daughter.

-She is not my daughter.
He said angry at me.

-Yes she is.
I said raising my voice.

-I hate her.

- For what?! What has she done to you? She is your little girl and you treat her as she was nothing. You're hurting her Klaus. Please try to be her dad. She needs you. More than you think.

I told him. He didn't comment back this time, he just put his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his chest. I know he has to care about Kacy even a little bit. She is still his daughter.

Klaus's pov:

-I hate her.
I told her.

- For what?! What has she done to you? She is your little girl and you treat her as she was nothing. You're hurting her Klaus. Please try to be her dad. She needs you. More than you think.

She said to me. I saw how hurt she looked for the way I was treating Kacy. Maybe Kacy was my daughter, but only by blood. I put my hand around her waist and she rested her head on my chest.

- Where is she anyway?
She asked.

- Sleeping. She had a little break down because of studying.

-Why? What happened?
She asked.

- She didn't know how to do her homework and no matter how hard I tried to teach her, she still didn't understand so I had enough and left and then she came after me crying cause she was scared that you were gonna get mad at her for not finishing her homework.

- I better go check on her.

She said and got up and started heading upstairs. I didn't have anything to do so I followed her.
When we went in the room, Kacy was curled up with her pillow and the blanket was in the ground. This girl sure moves a lot when she slept. Sarah sat near hear and stroked her cheek with her finger while I took the blanket and covered her again.

- She looks so sweet.

She said. I had to admit she sure does look cute when she sleeps. Then she started moving a bit and soon she opened her eyes. She kept looking around like she was trying to find anything. Soon her eyes landed on me because I was standing in front of her then she looked at Sarah.

- Hey sweetie. You okay little princess?

Kacy shook her head.

- What's wrong?

Sarah asked her. I went on the other side of the bed, opposite Sarah. She looked at Sarah like she was about to cry and soon a few tears escaped her eyes so she covered her eyes with her hands and turned my way.

- Baby girl. What's wrong? Come on. Tell your mom.

Her cries just got louder.

- Baby.

Sarah kept trying to make her talk, but she kept crying. I couldn't stand any more of her crying so I left annoyed.

Kacy's pov:

- Hey sweetie. You okay little princess?

Mommy asked and I shook my head trying to say no.

- What's wrong?

She asked. Dad came and sat on the other side of the bed, opposite mom. I looked at mom for a few seconds and burst out crying so I turned the other way so mommy wouldn't see me.

- Baby girl. What's wrong? Come on. Tell your mom.

- Baby.

She kept trying to make me talk, but I kept crying than daddy left looking annoyed at me and slammed the door behind. Mom saw him as he left and after that, she got into my bed and hugged me.

-Please, baby, tell me what's wrong?

- I'm just...

I could barely speak because with all the crying.

- I'm just so dumb. I..coulddon't..do the ..homework cause I never understand. Daddy is.. right. I'm really dumb and I know..that you will..punish me for not doing them and my head hurts a lot.

- Baby, you're not dumb, okay? You're having problems. So?! Everybody has problems learning. Don't listen to your dad. He hasn't even gone to school.

She was trying to make me laugh and it was actually pretty funny.

-I'm not gonna punish you. I promise. Now give your mom a hug?

I smiled and hugged her tight.

Author's note: Please read my other story Bloody Dreams. It will mean so much to me. It's my first original story. Please read it. 🙏