Better Get to Livin' | 13

{ TW* chapters from here on May Depict/suggest and describe physical and domestic violence / abuse. }

Trixie showed up a bit early to the Mcdonald's and pulled out her phone to check the time, she had fifteen minutes to kill. She wasn't quite sure why Katya had invited her out but any excuse to leave the hell hole she called home she would take.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Katya walking towards her in a baggy black t-shirt, sweat pants and ratted white converse. It was raining and a bit chilly but it didn't surprise Trixie. Katya seemed like the type to be able to endure any weather condition no matter how she dressed.

Katya smiled and opened the door to the lobby for Trixie who grinned back at her and walked through the door.

"So why now, why here?"
Trixie asked

Katya shrugged and pulled out her wallet
"I wanted ice cream and fries and to see you."

Trixie felt her face flood with heat.
"A-oh"

Katya ordered them both plain sundaes and medium french fries and medium soda's while glancing at Trixie and noting her now red face.

"So."

Trixie pursed her lips and looked around.

Katya chewed on her lip nervously while they waited for their food to be ready.

She picked up the tray as soon as they were served and wandered around a couple tables until getting to a booth at the far end of the restaurant.

Trixie sat down across from Katya and rested her head in hands while she thought about what she was going to preform at that gala and why in the world Katya would wanna see her right now.

Trixie looked at Katya dipping a french fry in to her ice cream and raised an eyebrow;

"Why did you invite me out really though?"

"cause, you better get to livin'." Katya smirked and winked

Trixie made a face before breaking out in a smile at the Dolly reference.

"You listened to it?"

Katya nodded.

"course i did."

Trixie nodded to Katya's food;
"Why are you dippin' your fries in that?"

Katya dipped a fry in her ice cream again and held it out to feed it to Trixie;

"try this you uncultured swine."

Trixie laughed and gave it a try.
She chewed and shrugged;

"mediocre"
Katya chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"You bitch."
They both laughed.

After a solid fifteen minutes of talking about snapchat stories and gross things they did as children Katya pulled out her sketch book and slid it over to Trixie.

Trixie sat back and looked at Katya confused.

"Open it."
Katya urged.

"Is this a test?"
Trixie laughed awkwardly.

Katya laughed and shook her head,

"I wanna show you something -"
she opened the book from
across the table and flipped to a sketch that was obviously a portrait of Trixie.

"- this is what you look like... Trixie."

Trixie looked over a drawing of a stranger - someone beautiful with full cheeks, lips and bouncy blonde curls - bright sparkly eyes and a happy demeanour. She shook her head.

"Yes, Trixie. You're fucking beautiful."

Trixie swallowed hard and shut the sketch book.

"No."

Katya sat back and frowned. She thought for a moment before leaning forwards and grabbing Trixie's hand;

"Yes...and you're not the only person with secrets or insecurities at this table..."

Trixie looked at Katya confused for a moment. She knew about Katya's dad leaving and that they weren't the most finically stable of people but what else could Katya possibly of had to hide?

Katya looked down and sighed.

"Can we go for a walk?"

Trixie nodded. She helped clean up the table and handed Katya her sketch book before they left and headed down to one of the discovery trails.

Katya tucked her hands into her pockets while Trixie intertwined her hands shyly in front her waist while they walked.

"I have scars from my dad. Not just mental. There was a lot he did wrong, Trixie."

She looked at Katya and frowned

"I'm -"

"Don't apologize. I just want you to know, I understand and it isn't fair and it needs to be fixed... and I know why you haven't told anyone because you love him- because you're supposed to, cause he's your dad but eventually you gotta realize it's wrong and you don't deserve it."

Trixie stopped walked and looked at Katya for a moment.

Katya turned to face her and looked around.

"I meant it. You gotta start living. What you're going through isn't living, and i'm here for you - I can't do much else because I don't want to pry but If it gets any worse you know I will."

"It's fine Kat-"

"No. It's not. Especially not
for the reason he claims todo it."

Trixie felt tears burning her eyes and clenched her hands into fists.

"Why do you care so much? You moved from Russia you're basically trained to hate me anyway - you should just -"

"I DON'T HATE YOU!"

Katya threw her hands up in the air and glared at Trixie.

Trixie stepped back and kept quiet.

Katya sighed and quickly apologized;

"I- I don't hate you... I'm sorry..."

Katya walked toward Trixie and cupped her face in her hands

"It's the exact opposite..."

Katya felt tears forming in her eyes now.

Trixie looked back at her still feeling hurt, confused and startled.

Katya stood up properly and leaned in to kiss Trixie's nose.

"Okay?"

"Happy valentine's day..."

Katya laughed softly.

{A/N: Sorry it's been a bit since I've updated.
Hope this chapter makes up for it. Also listen to the song while you read if you can. 💓 }