Trixie | 6

Trixie had set up her laptop and a couple notebooks and textbooks before Katya arrived. She was finishing up some baking and cleaning by the time she'd heard the knock on the door.

She heard her father begin to stir in the living room and quickly shouted;

"It's for me!"

She toddled over to the front door and unlocked it and pulled it open. She was greeted by an only slightly dressed down version of Katya in black fishnets, a skater skirt and lace top. The upper half of her hair was pulled back by a maroon scrunchy, she slipped off a short pair of heeled boots at the front entrance and followed after Trixie.

"Thank you for this"
Katya spoke softly.

Trixie undid her apron to reveal a light white t-shirt and black leggings, a t-shirt that Katya could see the faint colour of a pink bra beneath, but she didn't say anything.

"Don't worry - do you like muffins? I baked some - blueberry."

Katya smiled gently

"Surely."

They settled at the kitchen table and each had a muffin, Katya's with a coffee and Trixie's with a cup of tea.

The pair of them spent about an hour going over isotopes and how to measure different chemical reactions and what the formulas for acids were when Trixie's father finally appeared in the kitchen.

Trixie looked back at him,

"and who is this?"
he nodded towards Katya.

"I'm Katya, nice to meet you... Mr. Martel"

"Tracy's helping you study?"

Trixie nodded for Katya quickly.

He looked at her sternly

"Don't forget about your own grades..."

"Our science teacher suggested that teaching another student or parent helps you memorize and study yourself, and I needed the tutoring..."

Katya spoke up. Trixie's father nodded and smiled warmly.

"Alright, girls."

And then he returned back to his recliner to finish off the Sunday football game.

Trixie felt a sudden weight lift off her chest, she didn't have to excuse it - because Katya was pretty much telling the truth.

Katya looked over to her,

"You okay?"

She nodded,

"You just saved me from being scolded later, oh my god."

"Over a grade?"

Trixie bit down on her lower lip and nodded, almost ashamed.

Katya shook her head and finished off her coffee and closed the textbook sat in front of them.

"Let's go do something fun."

"But-"

"Trixie. You covered my ass and you're helping me study, I invaded your privacy and you respected mine while I was rude to you from the start - I owe you one."

Katya was not going to take no for an answer.

"You have your whole life to study and read and be perfect but stop being that for a moment and breathe. You're allowed to breathe."

"Can I at least change and put the dishes away first?"

Trixie whispered.

Katya rolled her eyes and tossed her head back,

"Fine, but be quick."

{ A/N: Sorry this one is fairly short compared to others. Feedback is appreciated, as always. }