Valentines

"Woah! Hey! What's this?" Percy shouted, crashing into the double doors. They shuddered but kept firm, held in place by a lock outside. "Let us out!"

"Damned Aphrodite spawn!" Thalia cursed, throwing a bolt of lightning at the door, which only served to char the wood. They heard the love children laughing outside.

"This is our day!" Drew taunted knocking lightly on the door, to which Thalia punched back. "The worldwide day of love! And I will not go past it without getting you two together!"

"Tanaka! I am going to bust out of here and fucking slaughter you!" Thalia raged, throwing an electrified fist at the door. She heard a screech as Drew flew away from the doors, and Thalia grinned in satisfaction. Better than nothing.

It was Valentine's day. The Aphrodite kids would always shove together anyone who they thought would be a good couple, and Percy and Thalia were unfortunately chosen. With Thalia quitting the hunters and Percy and Annabeth having a mutual break-up, this was the 'perfect chance' to put the two cousins, cousins, into a relationship. Neither were very happy.

"Stupid Aphrodite, stupid Drew, stupid Valentine's day, fuck my life!" Percy complained. "Kill me now!"

"Wait, Perce, c'mere," Thalia said quietly. They heard the teens giggling outside, so Thalia kept her voice down. "They were a bit dumb to lock us up in the armoury, weren't they?" She whispered in his ear. Percy grinned and grabbed Riptide, Thalia fetching a sword from the corner. Percy carefully, so no one would hear, pierced his sword through the wall and began to cut. Thalia copied his movements parallel to him.

"It's a bit quiet in there!" Drew sang. "Come on, I want some action!"

Thalia pressed a finger to her lips and carefully put the sword on the ground, trotting over to the door and knocking on it. "When you say action, do you mean me kicking your ass or what?"

"No!" Drew whined, and Thalia glanced behind her to see Percy finishing up the two sides and starting to cut the top. "I mean with you and Percy!"

"No!" Percy shouted. "We will stay at opposite sides of this room until you let us out!"

"Percy, but why?" Drew whined, drawing out the why. "I just want you two to at least kiss!"

"For the last time, Drew, it is not. Happening," Thalia snarled. "Stop trying."

There was a sudden flare of light in the room and Thalia turned to see Percy holding a cutout rectangle of wood about four feet tall. He ducked under the top and stepped through, beckoning for her to come. "You know what, Drew, I'm done answering you. You can hear our silence," Thalia said to make the girl believe they didn't just flat out leave. Thalia then crept to the other side of the armoury, exiting, and Percy replaced the board. They smirked at each other.

Drew said something else, but both demigods ignored it and bolted into the woods directly behind the armoury. They kept quiet for a few minutes before they both burst out laughing, Thalia skidding to a stop and Percy narrowly avoiding crashing face-first into a tree.

"That was painful at first, but I must say, the escape was worth the start," Percy chuckled. "I wish we could see their reactions."

"So do I," Thalia laughed. "Why don't we go back over to the arena and watch from a distance?"

"Yes!" Percy exclaimed. "Why did we run out here in the first place?"

"Just to get away from the ugly bitch?" Thalia offered, a grin spreading across her face as Percy laughed, herself struggling to contain one.

"Alright, let's go," Percy said after a minute, and they both raced over the arena, making sure to take the long way around just in case. They entered the arena, climbing up the bleachers and sitting on the top, watching over the low wall that guarded the back.

"Is the whole cabin seriously there?" Thalia groaned. "I thought it was just a few of them."

"They wouldn't miss the chance to have us 'get together,'" Percy mocked. "As if. We're family, even if DNA doesn't matter. I, for one, am against incest. They apparently aren't."

"Apparently," Thalia scoffed, watching the Aphrodite cabin try and draw words out of the people they thought were in the armoury. "This is pitiful."

"It is," Percy agreed. "Give them a bit, even they don't have the most patience. They'll unlock it eventually."

Percy was right. After maybe ten more minutes, about thirty since they had abandoned the armoury, Drew unlocked the door. She opened one and her gaping face made the two demigods bust out laughing, Percy leaning on Thalia for support. The cabin filed into the armoury, and eventually, the wooden rectangle at the back was pushed out. Two heads poked out, pure astonishment on their faces. The demigods dissolved into laughter once more.

"Holy shit, that was amazing," Thalia gasped after a minute.

Percy chuckled. "Yes, it most definitely was." They grinned at each other. That was, until a shout drew their attention back to the Aphrodite kids. All heads were turned in their direction now.

"Oh look, they found us. I'm so afraid," Thalia said in a monotonous tone.

"Here they come. Ready, cousin?" Percy smirked.

Thalia smiled evilly. "Ready."