Bubble Wrap Appreciation

Thalia yawned and stretched, her back lifting off the soft mattress. She rolled over, her arms extending, searching, and she opened her eyes in confusion. She was alone. Odd. Usually, he would stay in bed until she woke.

No matter. She rolled out of bed, snagging one of Percy's t-shirts and throwing it on over her sports bra, not bothering to change from her bike shorts. She stumbled out into the main room, which she found Percy sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of a box.

"What'cha doing, Kelp Head?" Thalia yawned. He turned around and grinned at her, beckoning her over to his side. Her head cocked in confusion, she trudged over to his side, still a bit bleary. Percy smirked, reaching one hand inside the box and Thalia jumped as she heard a sudden, loud pop. Suddenly awake, she shook her head and glared at Percy. "The fuck was that?"

"My mom got a package today," Percy said gleefully. "It had bubble wrap." He took two pieces of bubble wrap out of the package, sliding one towards her and beginning to pop the bubbles one by one. She crouched down and picked up the bubble wrap in her hand. It was a sheet of plastic, covered with bubbles of air. She pressed on one and, with a bit of pressure, it popped. She started a bit, and Percy chuckled "What? Never seen bubble wrap before?"

"Truthfully, no, I haven't," she said, popping another one. It was strangely satisfying. Percy watched her with amusement, how amazed she seemed to be at the wrapping. He really wasn't surprised that she hadn't seen bubble wrap before. From what he knew of her past, her mother hadn't taught her anything, nor had she sent Thalia to school at all. She had taught herself to read and write, and she was incredibly uninformed about a lot of things.

"Isn't it great?" Percy said, popping one of his bubbles. Thalia sat down next to him, setting her bubble wrap on his thigh.

"Stay still," she said, then she punched his leg. Percy barked in pain and Thalia laughed. All the bubbles in that area had popped in one loud sound. "Yes, it is great. Don't you think?"

"You've just lessened my liking of it," Percy groaned. "Was that necessary?"

"Of course." Percy sighed, flopping onto his back, his sheet being whisked away.

"That hurt, Thalia, my gods."

"Aw, does the baby need his loving girlfriend to kiss it better?" Thalia mocked in a voice most would use to speak to a toddler.

"Yes," Percy responded, used to the mocking. That was just how Thalia was, and he accepted that there was no changing that. He wouldn't want to, either. It was one of her defining features.

Thalia grinned and lay down on top of him, furiously slamming her lips onto his. Percy pressed back with as much force as he could muster, rolling her over so he hovered over top of her. Thalia laughed into his lips, and Percy pulled back, confused. She slipped out from under him, watching him drop onto the floor and whine at the loss of his lover. "Save it for the bedroom," Thalia answered, getting to her feet and walking into the kitchen. "Where's your mom, anyway? I doubt she would want to see that."

"She's gone. We'd be fine! Come on, Thals, you can't tease me like that!"

"Course I can. Now come eat. Then we can go fuck."