Croissant

I say again, these chapters are not all connected. Some may relate to each other but they do not all take part in the same timeline. Thank you for understanding.

"Do you want a croissant?"

"Excuse me?" Thalia replied, staring at Percy in confusion. He had come up to the Zeus table in the middle of dinner with a croissant in his hand and was nervously toying with it. He got a few confused looks from surrounding tables but was mostly ignored.

"I don't really want it, so . . ." he shrugged helplessly and held it out to her. She took it from him and examined it carefully.

"And why do you have a croissant?"

"Let's not talk about that," Percy said quickly, avoiding her gaze. "Go on, eat it!"

Thalia narrowed her gaze. "What did you do to it?" She growled.

Percy looked fearful. "Nothing! Whyever would you think that?" He laughed nervously, glancing around the pavilion until he caught Nico's eye and sent him a look that obviously meant 'help me!'

Nico sighed, getting up from his table to join Percy. "What did you do?" He demanded, pointing an accusing finger at Percy.

"I gave Thalia a croissant!"

Nico seemed taken aback. "You gave her a croissant?" He asked slowly. "Are you serious?"

"He did something to it, I know it!" Thalia yelled punching Percy in the arm. The boy winced, rubbing the spot she hit.

"Give it to me," Nico said, holding his hand out. "If something happens, he's the one getting the worst of it."

"Hold on a minute, Nico," Percy tried, but the son of Hades had already bitten into the bread. Nothing seemed to happen, but Thalia felt something prodding at her leg. She glanced down to see a skeletal mouse looking up at her, and a few more were gathering.

"Um, Nico, why are there undead mice?" Thalia asked.

"I didn't do that," he responded, and they both looked at Percy.

"The croissant may or may not have been infected with something that made your powers go out of control," Percy said cautiously.

"Why?" Thalia questioned. She couldn't really see the purpose of doing that.

"I thought it would be hilarious to see people getting randomly shocked by Thalia," Percy admitted.

"You know what, that does sound hilarious," Thalia agreed. "And we can just blame it on Percy." She took the croissant from Nico and bit into the other side.

"Wait!" Percy protested, but both demigods were grinning at him. The pavilion was starting to freak out at the hordes of skeleton mice overtaking the space and both Nico and Thalia just retreated out of the area. Percy chased after them, determined to catch his cousins before he was killed by Chiron.

All three ended up getting punished.